Bringing pit bull to Vietnam

Hi there I'm looking for information on whether it is possible to bring my pit bull from Bali to Vietnam. Has anyone brought this breed in before without any hassle ? I haven't read anywhere that Vietnam has breed restrictions like most countries have for pit bulls so I am hoping it will be possible. Need to find an airline willing to fly a pit bull also. Any info would be much appreciated.

Sararella wrote:

Hi there I'm looking for information on whether it is possible to bring my pit bull from Bali to Vietnam. Has anyone brought this breed in before without any hassle ? I haven't read anywhere that Vietnam has breed restrictions like most countries have for pit bulls so I am hoping it will be possible. Need to find an airline willing to fly a pit bull also. Any info would be much appreciated.

Your biggest problem will be keeping it safe. Dog theft here is a big problem.

Where are you going to keep the dog?

Colinoscapee I have heard dog theft is a problem so I would be very careful choosing where to live when the time comes to making that decision.  I would also plan on locking my dog inside at night.  I just firstly need to know if it's possible to bring her over there.

Sararella wrote:

Colinoscapee I have heard dog theft is a problem so I would be very careful choosing where to live when the time comes to making that decision.  I would also plan on locking my dog inside at night.  I just firstly need to know if it's possible to bring her over there.

From what I know it's not a problem. Best to contact the relevant agencies or pet relocators and get the correct answer.

Sararella wrote:

My very, very careful friend is heartbroken today.

Her beautiful German Shepherd has been stolen.

Be prepared to make your dog a prisoner.

Wonder if they steal dogs that they think they can resell? I see dogs wondering the streets and no one cares.

I got this info from a member here Lana Tulo.
https://www.vietnamonline.com/planning/ … etnam.html

One of the Expats recommended also to contact Saigon Pet Clinic www.saigonpet.com - DR. Nghia (excellent rating from other Expats) and ask for information.
You can email them: saigonpetclinic[at]yahoo.com

I'm still deciding if I want to bring a dog from the US to VN when I retire or wait until I get to VN to get a dog. Mine is 10 yrs old and would probably have passed when I retire in 5-6 years.

Good luck!

Last year in Q2 dogs weren't stolen for resale, but for ransom. No help from police.

Pros and cons of stealing a pit bull: 

Pro:  Very meaty.   :D
Con:  You could get bit.   :o

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

My very, very careful friend is heartbroken today.

Her beautiful German Shepherd has been stolen.

Be prepared to make your dog a prisoner.

How was her dog stolen? Was it running around in the yard? Did they broke into her house to steal her dog? Just curious so others could know what not to do.

Why does it show a new post for this topic?
When opening the thread it says it is closed.

@Sararella

did you brought your pitbull? is it aloud? if you did please let me know how was the experience, i also have a pitbull and i am considering the posisbioify he

@Sararella
did you brought your pitbull? is it aloud? if you did please let me know how was the experience, i also have a pitbull and i am considering the posisbioify he

-@CarlaMe

Pleese dont say you are cuming here as a English teecher

@goodolboy not i am not, I guess you either

This is a dated reply but I absolutely advise against bring a dog to Vietnam. I have friends who brought their pets to Saigon and considered bringing my dog from Taiwan here. The shittiest place to keep a dog. Lack of walkable space. Dog theft for the meat market. Unsympathetic co-tenants and security guards in high-end apartment complexes. You basically have to keep your dog indoor 24 hours. Seriously, thieves will ride over on a bike and taser your dog and grab it for the meat market if you are not careful. Let's not forget the evil m.fu.ker. who put rat poison in Thao Dien and killed a few dogs awhile back.

Vietnamese on the whole are terrified of dogs and will actively avoid them. This is due to most dogs here being somewhat feral and untrained, resulting in very bad behaviours that go unaddressed. Also rabies is still common here, so people are terrified of being bitten. 

I have a poodle puppy with my partner-he's pretty cute and friendly. A few days ago a fisherman at the beach pulled out a knife and almost stabbed him as the dog was running near him and he panicked. I've also had locals scream at me, try to bash the dog with their helmets etc so i'm really careful where i walk him now.

That's the other problem, walking a dog is not a thing here, and of course contributes to bad behaviour in dogs like barking all day etc etc.

I have a poodle puppy with my partner-he's pretty cute and friendly. 
    -@departed00

You're lucky to have such a partner (honk-honk) ;)

@James Liu Yep, my wife is Vietnamese and her Sister and Brother in laws dogs get stolen all the time for meat as they are well fed.

@James Liu Yep, my wife is Vietnamese and her Sister and Brother in laws dogs get stolen all the time for meat as they are well fed.
        -@Ed Howard Williams

Yupper. I'm down 2 dogs, and 7 cats. Big, healthy, well fed and beloved pets.

Let's hope this spreads region wide, (Link, S. Korea bans dog meat, today)