I was conned

Hi im looking for advice, an english builder living/working in france legally asked me to come and work for him. I came I worked and never got paid, he also said he would pay cash and not use bank transfer which I found strange. In the 2 weeks I worked for him he disclosed to me that he never declares the materials he buys to the tax man, and that he get all monies paid in to his personal bank account not his business account, and boasted how he avoids paying the tax he should. I did the work in good faith and he never paid me Ive also discovered im not the only person to have been duped by him. This man is running around literally as a cowboy overpricing, bullying and making a mockery of the french tax system is there anything I can do to prevent him ripping more people off?

Report him to the French tax authorities

Hello

Report him to the french URSSAF and the treasury.

I am sure they have people who speak english, if you need help, let me know, I will call them and explain to them what is going on with this guy.

lookingforadvice100 wrote:

Hi im looking for advice, an english builder living/working in france legally asked me to come and work for him. I came I worked and never got paid, he also said he would pay cash and not use bank transfer which I found strange. In the 2 weeks I worked for him he disclosed to me that he never declares the materials he buys to the tax man, and that he get all monies paid in to his personal bank account not his business account, and boasted how he avoids paying the tax he should. I did the work in good faith and he never paid me Ive also discovered im not the only person to have been duped by him. This man is running around literally as a cowboy overpricing, bullying and making a mockery of the french tax system is there anything I can do to prevent him ripping more people off?

Did you sign an employment contract before you worked for him?

Hi
thankyou so much for your reply, Ill try to report this myself but if I do have any difficulties, are you sure it would be ok to ask for your help?

kind regards