Share apartment/compound. Seems the BEST option.

Hi everyone!

I have been searching for 10 days for an apartment/ compound and I got to a point that I 'm starting to consider other options. It seems that there is a lot if people that for many reasons get stuck in the same situation.
Most young proffesionals Who come to Riyadh face the same goals in terms of allocation. Close to work, social Life, good quality standarts and not to pricey.

After some research I find that to fullfit those 4 parameters you end up spending a huge ammount of money and in most cases we're not even been able to satisfy half of what our expectations were.

Well, my workplace is in Az Zahra. Close to the Zoo of Riyadh (central location). I really consider the option of sharing a compound or apartment with someone else. Depending on the location I could be flexible(I have free work trasportation but, only from the compounds they offer to live which, for single males are of very poor quality)

My main consideration is, that two or more single males that do not know each other are likely to develop their own social contacts and friendships that are likely to be on mutual benefit as most of us are on our own and looking for pretty much the same things( get entertained and meet new people on our days off). At the same time we would be able to apply for a better allocation for half or a third of what we would spend if we go own our own and that would be aganist our common goal of us Who choose to come to Riyadh to save the money that in our free countries we won't be able to do or at least, not in the same way.

I'm an angospaniard with already contacts and friends(unfortunately, none of them work near me or either they are females) in Riyadh and I think that, despite the obvious deprivation of Liberty that we all have to face daily, there are actually, quite a lot of ways of having a good time in here While earning an excellent salary.

For those looking for a nice compound for the theirselves I recommend the green city compound, I've Been there and there are a nice young community who do quite a lot of stuff, It is around 120k a year. I know that people from embassyes get a discount. For me It is too painful to pay that money when I live for free right now, call me greedy...but, I rather preffer to buy a car on my return with that money, for example.

If you share the same thoughts write me, we can just  have a coffe and share our needs, the worst thing It can happen is that we share info and help each other, the best.. we end up getting, just what we are looking for.

See you!

Hello I moved into Riyadh last week and work near Riyadh Zoo. Right now staying in Al Nakhla and waiting for an apartment in Qurtuba compound. Have you find your own place  ?