By Appointment Only at DGM from April 1st

Take note for those involved in residency and other immigration related matters at Migration:

[i]PRESS RELEASE

Migration will implement new appointment system for immigration services

The Directorate-General for Migration (DGM), in order to streamline processes that offers its users, reports that from 01 April 2019 visits to the institution, will be regulated by the new system of appointments according to the services requested.

Services in the area of immigration which will be regulated by the new system include the record deposit for the first time, renewal of permits and residences, requests for loss, issuance of final residences, delivery of card and others.

The institution says that quotations will be unique, so we do know that not attend on the date indicated in the system, should be addressed a request to the Director-General of the DGM for the allocation of a new date.

Similarly, the DGM recommends users wait for the date of your appointment to be treated at the institution.

DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATIONS

Friday, March 22, 2019

https://www.migracion.gob.do/Public/det … ;menuid=44

This is  progress.....  maybe,  possibly....  LOL  Sorry my sarcasm is showing....

And they are also restricting access to approved lawyers and people who are accompanying applicants.

There was a notice on this earlier this year but can't locate. It will perhaps get rid of some of the chaos that the place had become.

Okay - so it sounds like I might have to get an "approved" lawyer. Apart from the one Planner is mentioned who is Punta Cana, are there any others nearer to Moca - that folks have or are now using?

In the same vein: is there a list of approved lawyers or can a lawyer submit their name for inclusion?

Well its easy to become "approved"  as a lawyer.  I can recommend Lilly here in SD. She is very good, fairly priced and speaks English. Right now she is out of town but will be back soon!

Sounds good, Planner.  We already have a lawyer on the north coast and, if she is available for this process, I will share. But good to know there are others.

Make sure whoever you work with has recent experience with residencia.  Rule keep changing and they need to stay educated. In addition without recent contacts  they wont be able to work the system as effectively.

Once I get Lilly's contact info, I will contact her. My lawyer lacks the knowledge and as a result let the Ministry steer her wrong. My patience has ended......

Lishali Baez Mejia is her name, goes by Lily.
809-860-1231

She is very well spoken and has great experience!

All lawyers now require to have a POA signed and notarized to be able to accompany the clients. Without the POA Immigration may not allow the lawyer to enter the building or represent the client.

Approved lawyers are available here :

Colegio de Abogados de la República Dominicana

There is a search available to check lawyers  => "Consultar miembros".
Given name + surnames
No spelling mistake.
Odd results : try with and without Spanish accents :
ALCÁNTARA => no result
ALCANTARA (wrong spelling) => but ok.
NUNEZ extracts a different list than NUÑEZ

Correct GV.

https://personal.migracion.gob.do/

SOBRE GESTIÓN MIGRATORIA Y APODERADOS
La DGM en aras de dar cumplimiento al artículo no. 125 de la ley General de Migración no. 285-04 informa que toda gestión migratoria debe ser realizada por parte interesada o por procuración de abogado debidamente apoderado y matriculado en el Colegio de Abogados de la República Dominicana, en tal sentido le recordamos a los representantes legales que deben presentar de manera física el poder original para el ejercicio de sus funciones dentro de la institución

ON MIGRATION MANAGEMENT AND MONITORS

The DGM in order to comply with article no. 125 General migration law does not. 285-04 advises that all migration management must be made by an interested party or by proxy of attorney duly proxy and enrolled in the College of lawyers in the Dominican Republic, so remind legal representatives must the original power for the exercise of their functions within the institution physically present