About Permesso di Soggiorno

I am a Japanese student in Italy.
I've just got to Italy as a student 3 month ago. And when I arrived here, I needed to go to post office to apply for the Permesso di Soggiorno(PDS). It's been more than 3 months since then and my appointment at QUESTURA is in next month.
However, I need to visit Germany and Netherland for a personal reason, before receiving PSD card. But I've heard once you go out of Italy without having PSD CARD, you cannot re-enter in Italy again. Is it true?
Some people say that there's no problem without having PSD card as long as the NUMBER OF ENTRIES/NUMERO DI INGRESSO/NOMBRE D'ENTREES on my Italian visa is MULT.

But I'm so confused and I don't wanna get rejected when I come back.
Please help me, anyone!

Requirements for immigrants leaving Italy temporarily

Foreigners awaiting renewal of their residence permits can leave and re-enter Italy if they hold:

the receipt issued by Italian Post offices (Poste Italiane S.p.A) certifying the submission of the application for renewal of their residence permit or EC residence permit for long-term residents;
the expired residence permit;
their passport or other equivalent travel document .

The same facilitated procedure is granted to foreigners who have submitted their application for their first residence permits for employment, self-employment, or family reunification, provided that:

they leave and re-enter Italy through any Italian external border crossing point (cicular letter 11th March 2009);

they show their passport or other equivalent travel document, along with the entry visa specifying the reasons of their stay (employment, self-employment, or family reunification ) and the receipt issued by Italian Post offices (Poste Italiane S.p.A.);

Source: poliziadistato

As addition, if you provide these requirements, go by flight and use same port.

Thank you for the reply.
Although this mentions the foreigners who have submitted their application for their first residence permits for employment, self-employment, or family reunification, it does not say about STUDENT. 
What do you think about this?

If I were you, I wouldn't go.

Hello,

I I don't know if this information helps you but I'm also here with a student visa and I traveled to Netherland after 4 months of being here, this was also before my questura appointment and I had no problem at all! I traveled with my passport and the document showing that I had a questura appointment for my first Permesso. I don't know the rules about this I'm only talking about my personal experience, hope it helps.

I agree with this.

Although we are not students (we came on the elective residence visa), my husband and I have left and returned to Italy several times (through Rome) while awaiting our permessos. Even though our receipt from the post office was paper-clipped into our passports with oversized, bright green paperclips, they've never turned to that page to view the receipt or even the visa page. They've never had a single question for us, not once out of 5 trips over 6 months. That's not to say you shouldn't be concerned; I'm just sharing our experiences.