Onward and Return Tickets

Good Morning
I am very familiar with the Philippines and have been living there several times. 
I am from the USA and on April 23rd 2019  I will be returning to Cebu city.
I am searching someone with recent post or experience to my question.
I will be leaving from Atlanta Georgia...flying to Korea. then from Korea to Cebu.
I would like to know if it is still ok to have an onward ticket when you enter the Philippines and not have to have return ticket?    I just wanted to make sure before I buy either. I have always used return ticket and with help of a friend cancel  with in 24 hours.  But if onward ticket is ok then Ill just buy a cheap to somewhere and relieve the stress of buying two tickets and cancelling..........hope someone has just done it recently and can inform me its ok   thank you

Should be OK, they just want you to leave, not that concerned where you go.

Hello Eddyrams483
Welcome to the forum and Cebu when you get here. As already posted on this forum being asked for a onward ticket is very hit and miss, just depends on the check-in person at the time. The last time I came here I had brought a very cheap ticket out of the country as far in advance as I could ( can then use multiple times ) but was never asked to show it. I can now use it if I leave and return before January 2020. Hope this helps
regards  Bruce

Thanks Bruce

so what i hear you saying is it's acceptable to use an onward ticket on entry still?

sorry but just making sure   thanks so much

Hello Eddyrams
The first time to the Philippines (Jan 18) I never had a return ticket but when asked I said I had to be back in Australia in 3 weeks time. The second time (Feb 18) I was not allowed on plane until I had an onward ticket, very expensive and lesson learnt. Third time cheap onward ticket 12 months or more in advance and not asked to show it. As I said, very hit and miss.  Good luck.
regards  Bruce

2 months ago was asked for onward ticket by Philippine Airlines.  Had a cheap one to Kota Kinabalo for $26 in hand and was good to go.  :top:

Im planning on moving to Philippines this August.  How would i do a onward ticket? Or a throw away ticket. Im coming from north Carolina to manila.

Dwsses12 wrote:

Im planning on moving to Philippines this August.  How would i do a onward ticket? Or a throw away ticket. Im coming from north Carolina to manila.

Simply purchase a ticket on line at least 30 days from your arrival from Manila to any nearby foreign destination like Hong Kong, Kuala Lampur, Bangkok, etc. 

Try the Cebu Pacific website. I just saw a one way to Bangkok for 2,144 pesos

Thank you very much.

Hello Dwsses12
I suggest getting the cheapest ticket possible as far in advance as you can then you may be able to use it multiple times. I am still using one I purchased 4 months ago and has another 9 months to go. I plan a trip to KL and back on it.
regards  Bruce