Professional recommendations

Good morning,

I am new to this forum:  I wish to purchase a property in the Lake Arenal area.  Does anyone have recommendations in the vicinity as to:
1.    inspectors,
2.    escrow individuals and/or companies?

Also if anyone has purchased in the area, are there any issues around there of which  I should be aware?

Thanks

My recommendation is to visit first, if you haven't already done so. Then, rent for an extended period, that covers both green and dry time of year. This part of the country is very pretty but realize that it can be very wet and windy throughout the year...and you will find that attractive fireplaces are not, solely for 'decoration.'   :o

Also if internet is important to your move, check what is really available as it can vary from on 'block' to another and may not be 'reliable.'

It is advisable to rent in all areas of the country before purchasing a property, as it is very easy to buy, but very difficult to sell.

Thank you for your advise.  I wonder if you are in the area? 

I did see the property one time.  It seemed to be lovely. 
I have made an offer which has been accepted and for a variety of reasons, seems to meet our needs.  But I am taking your counsel to heart.  Nothing is yet written so I will try for long term rental.

If I cannot get it to be converted into a rental, do you know a reputable inspector in the area?  Also an escrow agent?

If you read previous posts most all of us, who have actually resided in many areas of the country, recommend renting first.

I didn't live in the Lake Arenal area, but lived within an hour travel for many years, so not too far away and visited frequently.

I'd ask some realtors on realty sites about finding an inspector or do a google search if no one here can make a recommendation.

Generally how it works here is you use a notary (actually a type of attorney "above" regular attorneys here) to close a real estate deal.