Working in Poland While Waiting for Temporary Residence

Hello,

As some other posters have noted, there are currently long delays to obtain temporary residence permits in Poland (karty pobytu czasowego).  I applied in Warsaw last October and am still waiting.

Since the basis of my application is marriage to a Polish citizen, I understand that - once I receive the permit - I'll be able to work in Poland without a work visa.  I also understand that I am currently able to reside legally in Poland while I wait for the application to be processed (they didn't stamp my passport when I applied, but I believe there are no formal defects and I'll probably make an appointment to go get the stamp at some point).

My question is whether I am permitted to work (and not just reside) in Poland while waiting for my application to be processed.  I am currently employed with a company in the US but in practice have been working remotely from Warsaw and flying in for meetings when necessary.  My employer is concerned about the fact that I don't have a work visa, so I want to confirm that I do have the right to work in Poland while waiting for my temporary residence permit to be issued.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi! I know it has been awhile, but I'm the exact same situation. So were you able to work or you were doing it illegally not knowing about it?