Questions about Temporary Visa V ( VITEM-V )

I am a Canadian citizen currently in Brazil and have found a small registered company that is interested to hire me. I practice a form of manual therapy that is not available in the stage, and the company is a yoga studio. Their legal status is that of an "Individual Micro-Entrepreneur."

The only guidelines I have been able to find online so far is: "Employment contract with a corporation or other legal entity based in Brazil."

Does anyone know if an Individual Micro-Entrepreneur type of company can hire a foreigner to move to Brazil and work for them?

Before you can apply for a VITEM V, your potential employer has to obtain approval from the Brazilian Ministry of Labor to hire you.  They should contact the Ministry about applying to bring you in:  the Ministry will tell them pretty quickly whether their business even qualifies to apply.  A "Yes" won't necessarily mean that the application will be accepted, but a "No" will tell you right away whether there's an opportunity worth pursuing. 
Good luck!

Hello, and sorry for my delayed reply. Thanks for your post, which is very helpful! My potential employer is going to contact the Ministry of Labour to enquire as you suggested.