Being convincing to an employer in Spain

Hello everyone,

Finding a job in Spain is no easy feat. From applying for a job all the way to job interviews, the etiquette can be different abroad. Specially job interviews, that can already be pretty daunting, can feel even worse when set in a whole new country. If you've gone through a job interview in Spain before, how about giving a few tips to someone who might be preparing for one?

Do interviews usually take place in a formal or casual setting in Spain? Do you have any pointers for job interviews that take place over a lunch or dinner?

From application all the way to the job interview, what is essential to make an candidate stand out?

Culturally speaking, are there specific do's and don'ts? What is the general take on bringing a parent on the job interview or a gift to the interviewer?

Can you tell us a little about your experience? What worked and what did not work for you?

How important is it to have a solid professional network prior to a job interview?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

Only one thing: Speaking Spanish is a must. And some other languages will also help too, not only English.

I am very very upset of finding job in Spain as an expat. Even though I know Spanish and English and I have many skills.