Being convincing to an employer in Ecuador

Hello everyone,

Finding a job in Ecuador is no easy feat. From applying for a job all the way to job interviews, the etiquette can be different abroad. Specially job interviews, that can already be pretty daunting, can feel even worse when set in a whole new country. If you've gone through a job interview in Ecuador before, how about giving a few tips to someone who might be preparing for one?

Do interviews usually take place in a formal or casual setting in Ecuador? Do you have any pointers for job interviews that take place over a lunch or dinner?

From application all the way to the job interview, what is essential to make an candidate stand out?

Culturally speaking, are there specific do's and don'ts? What is the general take on bringing a parent on the job interview or a gift to the interviewer?

Can you tell us a little about your experience? What worked and what did not work for you?

How important is it to have a solid professional network prior to a job interview?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

1.  Be early for the appointment.
2.  Where outfit showing your figure but not too much you're young and pretty.
3.  Don't talk too much to the point.  Answer questions direct & quickly.
4.  Don't talk about problems or newness of the country because cultures are different.
keep your voice down. 
5.  You know salaries are very low here.
6.  Men can be very flirty stay away from that if interview acts that way!  Men are flirts here
even if married.  Never play where you work!!!! Be polite but not too many smiles.
7. Before the interview check if the bus is near location or Tram pointer. 
8. Let him or her start the interview and question you.  Let them lead the conversation.
Always let them tell you the salary then you can say oh I am reliable, well-spoken, on time,
and all my jobs would rehire me if I wanted to go back.  If you know Spanish and English it is a big help in businesses bring it up.  Then you can ask for more because you feel you're worth it.  Confidence is
very important so they feel you can handle it.

Good luck.  They are hard to get here.  They want young and I have had some wonderful people very
educated but they were five years older than they wanted which is so stupid.
I think in Ecuador they can't fire you.  Not sure of them but if they do it cost them more to fire. check that
out with others.  Also, make sure you understand the system.  Do they deduct for SS they don't call it
that here?  Important if you stay here..do they have health insurance or a place to park a car if you get one.  If you have a boyfriend do not mention him fewer people know about you the better.  An important question how long have they been in business?  Here there in business and out a month later.  Go on at least 4 interviews before you accept.  So you get the feel of businesses here.  Very business like I recommend.