Do expats rely on brokers/agents?

hi there...

just to give you a background i am currently renting out my units in makati. i personally handle this to interview the incoming tenants. i process everything...because i can.

most of my tenants are expats and no hassle with our transaction...that was BEFORE.

nowadays...why are brokers and agents suddenly calling me if i have units available. very few that i am receiving a direct inquiry. when my ads clearly says "direct inquiries only"

do you really hire brokers when looking for a property to rent...wouldnt be more interesting to handle these things on your own...except that you're a really a busy person.

as agent would tell me: "my client needs 10-50 units mam"

i was shookt!

this issue is for rental only...i strongly suggest to hire a broker when buying or selling a property.

You have your point. But most expat dont know anybody in the phils nor can locate advert of a renting apartment.

They need to go through the agent/brokers, who do the tedious jobs and earn their talent fees.

This is how it is been done in United Kingdom and most advanced Countries.

Cheers!!!

If you agent wants 10-50 units for a client, chances are that client is a chinese online gambling company. They usually have housing accommodation for their chinese staff. Normally they would put bunk beds in the unit so its more like a company dorms. Brokers are popular for this type because the admin staff in the company has no knowledge, experience, network when it comes to real estate in the PH.

Kindawn is right .the makati unit become so demanding because of Chinese online gaming company  .they are looking for accomodation near by RCBC or Pbcom tower .some company will put 2 pax in one studio , some are making 4 or more in one unit .
so many Chinese came over here in online gaming company that are not really have high education ,cann not understand English is a big problem .so they don't know how to  follow the rule , mess up the unit .that's why nowdays some unit owner dont wanna rent to Chinese even people are not in online gaming. i am so shameful
if you are busy person and especially you have many condo , you indeed need a good professional broker to help u lease .
if you are not that busy , u can rent by ur self ,so can save the commission but need to spend more time for looking tenant ,ocular visit when client wanna view , do contract , notary ,inventory list , helping move in

i heard stories like that with chinese expats..i've never experienced it as i never had a chinese tenant...not that i am selective but they always insist of one year contract on which i always refused as i only offer short term rental.

it is just a general notion and still believe all chinese are not like that but i hope you dont mind me askin', is there an explanation why they live that way?

hi

Because online gaming work is illegal in China but legal here. those people wanna have better salary so that's why even though they don't know how to speak in English ,they will look for this kind of job here.compare to the salary here is much high than what they can earn in China. i think the main reason is they wanna earn money and save money ,of course for the future and family , nothing wrong with it.But just the thing is they have to improve the way they talk and their minds

Hi there, im a real estate agent, I'm glad you're able to handle the lease for your unit, though most of units owners dont have that kind of luxury, I guess thats why "we" (agents or broker) exist. :)

Since its our job to find and search for potential buyers we also encounter expats or local who are looking for rental units, and yes most of the time if an agent or broker is asking for 10-50 units or more, chances are they are for chinese tenants.

I had an experience, handling a one bedroom unit in Mckinley hill, since my client wanted to have the unit leased out asap, she agreed to have 6 chinese tenants to occupy a 34 square meter unit. sadly we strictly asked that SMOKING inside the unit is not allowed, unfortunately they did not listen at all.