See you in Jarabacoa

Hello.

I'M an animator at the French forum in the Dominican Republic.

I propose to know, as well as the French, but also the Spanish, as well as the English, who are linked by the site Expat.com. We Will Leave the virtual aspect of the Internet and make possible the conviviality of the site in real life.I propose a meeting between those who wish it, the next 18 and 19 May, on the one hand, to get to know each other, and on the other hand to learn more about this charming region of Jarabacoa.

Thank You for registering  in the Community section, and the sub theme "Event"

Kind regards

Hi,  thanks for posting this.  Its a great idea.

I will definitely  try to be there!   Keep us posted on the  dates!

Hello Planner;
I set the dates for the 18th and the 19th of may, so as to rally as many of us.
Thank you for coming back.
Kind regards

Awesome.  Lets see how many people we can get to attend.  I've never been to Jarabacoa and its on my list!

Hi all.

With the help of Megane, I have just created the invitation again to participate in this meeting.
I just hope this time, it will not be purely and simply put to Pannier by our nice moderators.
This meeting will take place Saturday and Sunday, so as to enjoy a little more of this beautiful region.
Everything is explained in the section "events" (community-events)
If some had a particular desire, a request to be made, I naturally remain at your disposal.
If you want to participate in this meeting, you just have to worry about the accommodation aspect. I can tell you about hotels on the spot.
I hope that this meeting will be followed by many of the members of Expt.com.
I still have to wait for news from you.
Kind regards

A great idea. If I am not heading back to Canada at that time for a couple of weeks, my wife and I will plan on being there - it is not far from Moca....

Hello 2VPsoldier
MOCA is a town that is not far from La Vega and Jarabacoa is only 20 KM away from La Vega.

Kind regards

Circumstances may well have me in Constanza during some weekends from May onwards for a few months. And so it should be a short trip over to Jarabacoa.

Last time I drove over from Constanza to Jarabacoa, which was a few years back, Highway 28 was newly improved and a great drive through scenic country, but I have heard that it did get damaged from landslides, so can anyone give an recent update on the road?

Let's hope the drought is over by then. All the rivers I see coming out of the central mountains to the south are virtually dried up and hardly flowing and I understand it is worse up north.

Yes - I live here as this is where my wife and her family are from.   Have not been to Jarabacoa but have been to Bonao for my wife's hearing appointments and also through La Vega on Hwy 21 from Moca up into the high country to a really great restaurant that is likely looking down over your area....

Hello 2VPsoldier.

Can you talk about the restaurant ALTA VISTA?

Kind regards

Hi lennoxnev.

The road linking Constanza to Jarabacoa is vital for the region, I think it must be in good condition.
The last time I went to Constanza, the road had been paved recently, and it was very nice to drive.
Still need to be accustomed to the mountain roads.
I wish you would join us for this meeting. It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintance
Kind regards

Been to that restaurant twice with family and have many pictures but still do not know the name of it. Jarabacoa might just be on the other side of the mountain and this restaurant is near the top.....I will try to find out...

Hi all.

I received a phone call from someone who is interested in attending this meeting and who asks me to bring an extra look.
Indeed, he would like that during this week end we can tackle the theme "investment".
Anyone who has an economic, financial or other project, and who wants to talk about it, looking for associates, partners, ideas, could very well use a moment to do it.
Precision made, I hope to see you very many during this meeting.

Kind regards

Those who choose to have those discussions will.  If this is a social meetup then let's keep it as such.

Hi all.
The 18th and 19th of may are approaching at great step.
I remind the latecomes that I am organising a meeting that I hope to be friendly, in Jarabacoa, this weekend of may, to make further acquaintance between us, members of Expat.com, as well as the mountainous region of Jarabacoa.
Register under the heading "community" and the sub-heading "event".
Soon to count you among us.
Next week, I'll give you the most accurate run of this meeting.
Kind regards

Wow!  This sounds like a wonderful gathering
  I would love to join and will speak to my husband to see if we can arrange it.  It is possible the timing might conflict with us flying to the US for our visa stamp so our attendance may be contingent on that.
Will let you know.

It would be nice to have details besides date and.location please!

Hi  Planner
Next week, I'll give you the most accurate run of this meeting.
I am in France just now.
Please wait few days.
Kind regards

You mean Aroma de la Montana, located in a mountainside residential "Jamaca de Dios", in Jarabacoa?
It has a rotating floor with a magnificent view of the valley and town, find it in FB, Instagram, tripadvisor
Their websites: aromadelamontana.com       and     jamacadedios.com (the residential)
The owner/developer is American and our company has handled their webs/ social media for years.

Hi all.
The 18th and the 19th of may are approaching.
For late-dates, consider registering to be able to participate in this meeting, which I hope will be a success. Heaven be with us!!!
Here is also a roll of these 2 days, as I imagine. Nevertheless, everything remains open if someone wanted to add or improve the event.
Visit me at Buena Vista on Saturday 18 at 14:00 to get acquainted with the welcome glass.
-Departure at 15:00 to connect the Baiguate Salto. Visit without special difficulty, easily accessible. Expect 50 pesos per person.
-Then, for the most sporty of us, it is possible to visit the Salto of Jimenoa n ° 1. The access is steep, the path is not maintained and the path requires 45 minutes in the direction of the descent and a little more in the direction of the mounted. Provide good shoes. It is certainly the most sumptuous waterfall in Jarabacoa.
-For the others, we could go up to Hamaca de Dios at the restaurant aroma de la Montaña to admire the panorama of the region of Jarabacoa, to have a drink.
-In the evenings, meals at the restaurant for which I still wait for some info. I'll let you know as soon as possible.
On the occasion of this meal, people with projects to present could do so.
-Overnight at the hotel. You have to book your rooms. For those who wish, I will give the coordinates of some hotel and the prices.
-Sunday morning free for everyone.
-Meet at noon for a picnic at the Confluencia. Each one brings his meal, his drinks and what to settle. It is a very popular land of Jarabacoa where we come to bathe, to take horseback rides, to have a drink.....
This meeting is meant to be user-friendly, so as to forge closer, stronger ties between the members of the Expat.com site, and get out from behind our computer screens.
As I said in the preamble, everything remains open to developments that could improve this meeting.
Hoping to have the Sun during these 2 days, I remain at your disposal by private messages, to answer your questions.
Kind regards

Thank you for the updates.

Hi all.
Some of you have registered to participate in this event, this meeting on Jarabacoa on 18th and 19th May this weekend.
I will ask each of the registrants to confirm their presence and the number of participants. This in order to plan for the restaurant among other. (expect 900 pesos per person + drinks)
I specify again the time of the appointment of Saturday, it is at 14:00 and not at 12:00 as it was originally registered. On Thursday I will send you an access plan to reach my home in Buena Vista.

I leave it to everyone to book a hotel or lodging room, for the night of Saturday.
See you soon
Cordiales greetings

Liste d'hôtels non exhaustive :

JARABA hotel  tel : 809 223 2128
                                 809 574 2280

hôtel PINAR DORADO   tel  : 809 574 2820
                                                  809 574 4098

hôtel CALIFORNIA  :  tel  809 574 6255

cabañas de la montaña Buena vista  tel 809 574 2203

BUENA VISTA APART HOTEL  tel  809 365 1717

Hi ferielle78, hi Coco cacao, Hi everyone.
The meeting was held this Saturday and Sunday in Jarabacoa.
We hope, Angelita and I, that you will have enjoyed the area, and the unfolded of these 2 days.
Somewhat complicated Sunday by the health of one of the members, which is much better today, we nonetheless did more or less what we had planned to do.
Visit of the Saltos of Baiguate and Jimenoa, mounted at the Belvedere of Hamaca des Dios and its restaurant, meals at the restaurant on Saturday evening (even if one has to complain about some aspects), Sunday will have ended very late at home around the juices and beers that  were still in the fridge. Beforehand, after the Sunday meal at the restaurant, some (even some) had gone to bathe at the Confluencia.
Many registrants did not come, others arrived too late to join us, and still the young Dimitri joined us on Sunday.
We hope Angelita and I will keep a good memory of this weekend in Jarabacoa. We have received testimonies from some of the members present who express their satisfactions.
Nothing is ever perfect, but I hope that on the e it was good and humanly enriching.
It is unfortunate in the end that this meeting took place only with francophones, because all our friends of English or Spanish, registered, did not come.
Thank you especially to those who came from afar, I think in particular to Férielle, to Viclen and to Fabio for his help, and to Dimitri for joining us on Sunday.
It is in any case what Angelita and I will retain.
Kind regards

It is unfortunate some could not make it.  I am glad that those who attended had a good time!

Hi Pierre..

Yo se que este post es un poco viejo pero quiero saber si hay informacion o un blog como eso sobre viviendo en Jarabacoa. Queremos mover A JARABACOA y necisitamos conocer el area y personas que viven alla antes..
Muchas gracia

Andy

Here is the link to the expat.com french site where no doubt you will get Pierre's attention

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4097

You Star.. Thank you

An effective or should I say worthwhile forum is here to help other expats.

We can debate issues until the cows crow, but real exchange of reality is so important for those wanting information on our country.

This expat forum is here to help expats whatever the language. French, Italian, Spanish and I think Portuguese forums exist for expat.comdr

This is a real useful forum format with unpaid moderators who try to help expats. Limited bs.