Reg : Work Life and Personal life on Kuwait

Dear All,

Good Evening ,

Let me introduce myself, I am Siva planning to move to Kuwait within a month. There are lot of Questions arising in my mind, I Had previous experience in Gulf country , worked in Saudi Arabia for past 6 years.

1)    Minimum Salary range to live in Kuwait alone (Bachelor status) and if with Family?
2)    What will be the Housing rents if its minimum for single as well as family? The Stay agreement or contract between house owner and tenants are half early or Yearly basis?
3)    How is the Social life over Kuwait?
4)    What are the restrictions in Kuwait?
5)    What will be Indian International school fees for the year?
6)    What will be Indian International school starting period ? And also leave days for children?
7)    Whether the rent includes the Water charges ?
8)    Whether the Electricity bill will be paid paid directly or by house owner?What is the frequency of paying the electricity bill Monthly/Bimonthly / ?????

In this expats forum many experience friends and also soo many years stayed persons are available. So if you can able answer the below question I will be grateful to you which can clarify my doubts.

Kindly share the known information Please

Regards,

Siva

1)    Minimum Salary range to live in Kuwait alone (Bachelor status) and if with Family?
It depends upon your lifestyle. Workers earn KD100-200 a month, Admin staff 200-600 a month, Supervisor/Teacher 600-1000 a month, Manager 1000 onwards and may go 3000 or more.

2)    What will be the Housing rents if its minimum for single as well as family? The Stay agreement or contract between house owner and tenants are half early or Yearly basis?
Again depends upon your need and area. Search on Google and you shall find rents floating between 50KD-150Kd for shared accommodation and 150-600 for studio apartment to spacious 2 beds.

3)    How is the Social life over Kuwait?
Lots of places to move around. No alcohol. Too hot in summer. Loneliness is common. People try to mix with their own religion/culture etc. If you are getting very good salary, you may feel that you are treated like slave. but this is common. Dont worry too much. Enjoy your savings.

4)    What are the restrictions in Kuwait?
Check the Kuwait laws. Alcohol is banned. You should be wearing descent clothes; even on beaches. Culturally descent community; but you may face different treatment depending upon color of your skin. religious practice is not allowed at common places other than Islam

5)    What will be Indian International school fees for the year?
CBSE syllabus Indian school fee would vary between 300-600 per year. Most popular Indian school may charge 1000-1500 per year. International syllabus fee may go upto 4000-5000Kd per year. International curriculum includes British IG, American, IB etc. Most of International schools offer American syllabus.

6)    What will be Indian International school starting period ? And also leave days for children?
Academic year usually starts in Aug last week or Sep 1st week. This includes CBSE/Indian schools.

7)    Whether the rent includes the Water charges ?
Usually rent includes Electricity and Water and AC.

8)    Whether the Electricity bill will be paid paid directly or by house owner?What is the frequency of paying the electricity bill Monthly/Bimonthly / ?????
Check my response in point #7

Hope this helps

Hi

Thanks for spending your time in answering my clarifications.

How about the social life with those staying with families?I forgot to post this question.

Once again thanks for sharing information's.

Siva