Rne denied

Hi everyone,

I applied for my rne last year due based on child birth and heard a few months later that it was denied. I found this out through my lawyer who i had given a power of attorney. What could be the reason ? The fp visited my address but i wasnt there to attend to them . Could this be the reason? Or could it be because i left brazil before it was issued? If anyone has any information plz reply
Thanks

Your lawyer should be able to find out the reason for the denial.  My guess would be that the Federal Police concluded, based on your absence from the country, that you do not plan to live permanently in Brazil.

Your RNE will only be declined if the wrong documentation was submitted.  Policia federal doesn't do home visits anymore for the Permanent residency application, they only do home visits for naturalization visits.

More than likely there is a possibility that your lawyer either misinterpreted the details and messed up your application or it could just be a simple query which needs you to come in for a visit to resolve.

Overall not a big deal if you can find more info from the lawyer or if possible if you can send me your Protocolo number via inbox I can try to check on the basics if needed

Power of Attorney? I´m sure they would like to see whom they´re dealing with. If PF has any doubts about the nature of your RNE application, they can change the rules anytime
and come to verify your address and your presence to that address and maybe ask a few questions. You wasted money on that lawyer.

You should have stayed to answer any doubts from them until your RNE is issued.

robal

Yes i know something must have gone wrong. If anyone knows any good immigration lawyers i would appreciate it if you could forward me their numbers. I will go to make sure what exactly was the reason. And yes i did actually get a visit i was informed by the building security.Thank you

Globalwanderer

They only pay a visit Incase you are missing any documentation and they at first they try to contact you via the contact number  that's mentioned on the application form, failing to do so they end up sending one of the officers to visit you at your home address.  If you are not found at home then usually your file is put on hold until your return.

So what do you suggest to do? Did u get any information about the rne number?

Sending you a PM GW