Advice on Moving to Malta! 😃😃😃😃

Hello Everyone!! I would love some info and feedback from anyone in the uk or in malta if any kind people have the time 😃

Me and my girlfriend Shelley have finally decieded to go for it, and move to Malta!

Now, i am a plumbing and heating engineer with 14 years of experience, shelley has done reception and admin work, also bar work.

How likely are we to get jobs very quickly?

We have a house in somerset that we want to sell, and have savings in excess of £10,000 and were really hoping this will be enough to make the move. Ive heard St Julians bay is most expensive, so where around that area would be a tad cheaper? Can we rent a 2 bedroom house/flat/apartment for around €600?

I have a full uk drivjng licence, does this mean i can drive ok in Malta?

Also, when we move to Malta, is there a way we could be made to move back to the uk with Visa's etc?

Would we even need Visa's?

thank you in advance to anyone who has the time.

Tim 😃😸

As regards visas at the moment you do not need one but after Brexit who knows.  As regards work majority of houses here do not have central heating but you may find work as a plumber, bar work should be easy to find but wages are low.
You may have to up your budget especially for a house.

Thank you. Ive been looking into alot of jobs online, found a few.

If the uk leaves with a deal, am i right in thinking we will be ok for moving untill 2020?

Apart from Flat rent, what other bills are typically paid for on a monthly basis?

do you like in malta ? thanks for the reply much appreictaed.

Tim101232 :

Thank you. Ive been looking into alot of jobs online, found a few.

If the uk leaves with a deal, am i right in thinking we will be ok for moving untill 2020?

Apart from Flat rent, what other bills are typically paid for on a monthly basis?

do you like in malta ? thanks for the reply much appreictaed.

There are threads on here about expenses, you only have one bill which covers electric and water there’s no gas or council tax, have you visited Malta, if not it’s advisable to have a holiday here first
to see whether you would want to move.