Possibility of moving family from near London to NJ

Hello, my Husband May have an opportunity to lead the North American arm of a company, and we have the potential of possibly choosing where we base ourselves! I've been looking at NJ, (Maplewood) and open to other areas which seem in good reach in terms of transport to NYC. (30-40 mins train). I know this is the million dollar question, but what towns could I look at which has good family facilities, transport links, places to eat and schools. I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm trying to look at it in my eyes, my husbands and my two kids, 8 and 5. I'm open to public/private schools also. I've been to NYC 5 times, so know the city and some of the areas fairly well, but in doing my research New Jersey seems a nice place.
I would be very grateful for any advice you could give me!
Have any families been in a similar situation as us? I'd love to hear from you!
Thanks a lot, Cheryl

I just joined expat.com to ask the community how to list my home for rent to an expat.  Our family is in Glen Ridge, NJ.  It isn't far from Maplewood that you mentioned.  Both are filled with beautiful historic homes in walkable communities.  Glen Ridge schools are typically in the top 15 in the state.  It is walking distance to more than one train station and multiple bus stops putting you in NYC in 35 minutes.

Anyhow, our family is contemplating a move within the country, but looking to rent our furnished home for 1-5 years.  It is 6 bedroom, 5 bath 1926 center hall colonial. I was wondering what agencies expats are using to find homes like ours to rent for the duration of their expat stays?

Please post your rental in the housing section top of this page.

Take a look at Zillow.com