STD Testing

I was wondering if there was any place in Beijing where it would be easy for an English speaker to get tested for STDs?  Also, if you do test positive , for something (other than HIV or Syphilis) would you get in trouble with the authorities.

Hi Reno,
Easiest way is to make an appointment with the private clinics in Beijing, they have these kind if tests.As a suggestion you can check online for Raffles medical or United family.Appointments are possible in english and you can directly ask if they have this test.If you have insurance maybe you could also do it for free, otherwise prepare for quite high cost.best of luck!

You can find a "men's" hospital. There are many, many in Beijing. You just go there and tell them what you want to do. Since many do not speak English, I would suggest that you bring along a trusted friend to translate for you. Then later, share a meal and some beers together for all their help and assistance.

They will test you, and if something is found, they will prescribe the proper medicine to take. I have a lot of experience in this area, and so... trust me on this. Go. don't be afraid, and check yourself out.

If they find something, you don't have to worry. No one else will find out. They might prescribe a weeks stay in a hospital, like I had a few years ago, or just take some pills. It's not a problem. Like anything and everything else, it is our fears that blow everything out of proportion. do not succumb to your fear.

You Need to check yourself out for your own health and the health of others. It is your responsibility.

What ever you do, don't ask a Chinese person to help you without providing an opportunity for food and drink. It's the right thing to do.

I am just a little concerned if it turns out that I have one of the curable ones (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea etc.),  that I might get in trouble with government. Should I be worried?

You know what? You worry way...way...way... too much.

China is NOT the big ugly "boogie man" that the Western media portrays it to be. So relax. If a test is run, say for reasons of employment or similar, they will tell you that you have a sickness. You will be permitted to get a "pass" on the test, provided that you obtain treatment. Other than that, it's won't be a big issue.

Seriously, if you had the clap, you'd know it. It's most uncomfortable. Same goes with Genital Herpes, genital warts, or most other STD's.

Treatable illnesses, sexually transmitted or not, will have ZERO bearing on your ability to stay in China and work as an expert.

do you know which is less expensive? raffle medican or SOS international ??

Can you get a z visa if  you have genital herpes?

They dont test for HSV2 in my country when doing standard STI tests. Im pretty sure I have it though. When I asked my doctor if I should get tested her reply was, 'its expensive and your immune system will take care of it'. I dont want to go all thd way to China only to be 'deported'. Any advise would be appreciated