Work Visas and Laws

Hello. My daughter is a US citizen who married an Egyptian man who is also a US citizen. They had a child in the US and recently moved to Egypt so my daughter can teach on a work visa. The relationship is becoming more and more abusive and she wants to come home, but they are threatening to keep the baby in Egypt. What are her rights? I'm very worried about my daughter and grandchild. Thank you.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's problems. No one else has commented and I am no expert but I can confidently say that unfortunately your daughter has few rights.
Presumably your grandchild must have a US passport as born there. Please just check on this and other forums as to whether there are any problems with a mother and baby boarding a plane without a father's permission. I suspect that your daughter is going to have to slip out of the country with baby and then tell the father. Anything else is inviting a serious problem with retaining custody.

I wish I can help but I really have no idea, you can however contact the US embassy in Egypt and I'm quite sure they'd help you out and provide a better assistance. Check this out https://eg.usembassy.gov/
I hope things get better for you all.