Citizenship for Mauritius

Hello everyone

I am living and working in Mauritius from last 5 years , my resident permit is going to expire. In order to get a new permit, my company is going to take in court and get signed a document stating , i will not apply for citizenship.

If i want to apply for citizenship, what is the procedure, any minimum requirements or so

I am from common wealth nation

Hello,

Check whether  your birth country -India - allows you to be naturalized in a second country in  addition to be qualified to do so as per this:
http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … NSHIP.aspx

You can become Mauritian Citizen, after staying for 4 years in the country without going abroad in between. For citizenship go to Prime Minister Office at Port-Louis and get an application. Fill up the application and have to go to nearby court and pay a lawyer MUR 2000 a fee to get approved. Then go back to Prime Minister's office and pay MUR 20,000 (Twenty thousand) to file for processing. They will check your passport and your stay in Mauritius for 4 years. And probably after 3-4 months you get a certificate of Mauritian Citizenship, from which you can get an Identity Card, Passport etc.

SUNILLSINHAA wrote:

You can become Mauritian Citizen, after staying for 4 years in the country without going abroad in between. For citizenship go to Prime Minister Office at Port-Louis and get an application. Fill up the application and have to go to nearby court and pay a lawyer MUR 2000 a fee to get approved. Then go back to Prime Minister's office and pay MUR 20,000 (Twenty thousand) to file for processing. They will check your passport and your stay in Mauritius for 4 years. And probably after 3-4 months you get a certificate of Mauritian Citizenship, from which you can get an Identity Card, Passport etc.

It's 5 years not 4.

4 years are for foreign nationals married to Mauritian citizens.