Water well drilling in Surin Province?

I will be having a deep water well drilled on my Thai wife's property near Rattanaburi, Surin in November.

I'd appreciate any advice on this from those who have done this. I'm told that you need to drill down perhaps 100 meters or more to get to pure reliable water.

We will then be building a two bedroom home there. We have a local builder (cousin).

Hi mel,
Two years ago we had a well drilled forty metres deep up came crystal clear slightly brakish water. I think your metres should be feet.  The drilling team, arrived with some rusty old gantry on the back of a broken down pick up. Set to work and within three hours struck water, having been through dirty water at around fifteen metres. They finish off capping the hole and left me to get a three or four inch tube pump, lowered complete with a 3/8 in nylon rope and electric cable. By the end if the next day it was up and running. Cost, about 4000 baht drilling , pump about 8000 baht . Two years later, still working perfectly. What do you want to know. I often wonder if the dirty water is dropping down to the clean water.

Thanks for the info! I'm not at all sure about the depth.

I think it's normal to line the well shaft with a pipe until you go through a solid rock layer, which would keep the dirty water out. Did they do that? If so, what material is the pipe made of?

What power rating pump did you buy? How do you filter/treat the water?

I'll have my wife's cousin (who will build our house) ask around in our area near Rattanaburi about how deep you must go to get to pure non-brackish water. It may be different in different areas depending on the geology.

And after we drill the well, I'll post the results here.

Your well driller will do all thats necessary. Pump power ? Cant remember. But if you go into thai watsadu they have a section of well pumps. I believe no more than 3 hp, but youll see by average power of the pumps. The water is pumped up into a tank gravity takes it to another, then its pumped through a mesh filter into our 8 m dia  pond,  its got pipes in for whirlpool effect and fountain around the edge, to use the sun to purify, so we need no chemicals.  We grow fruit rees assorted, which are irrigated from the pind which is occassionally also used for swimming. I cant help with non brakish water. All over Surin and Khorat province, I know only of brakish water.

Your driller will drillu til he hits the water. If you want him to go deeper, hell go as deep as you like so long as youre prepared to pay for the lost drill if hes struck water and you want to go deeper. Id be very i terested if you go deeper and find pure drinking water.