Wife's CPR reissue, after marriage

Hi guys, long time creeper, first-time poster!

I've recently returned to Bahrain after 10 years. My wife who was a previous resident as well, soon followed. We both are on our work visas. Its been a couple of years since we got married, in India.
I've already received my CPR, whereas she's yet to receive hers. We've already applied for it.

Here's our conundrum: We are currently residing at a friend's place (the same place on which my cpr has been registered, as a tenant, without a lease/agreement).
She, being a woman, has to produce (along with the other necessary documents) our marriage certificate (which we have)(my name is in the spouse section of her passport too), as well as my friend's marriage certificate.
Now the problem is that he (god bless him) went through divorce 7-8 months ago. The flat is registered on his name.
Also, we're planning to shift out next month, and we dont want to pay the municipal tax of the place we're shifting to, as it'll be a tad more expensive.
Hope you guys get the picture im trying to paint. Help us!

If you have your marriage certificate duly attested and your friend's divorce certificate, you can try to put her on the same address.  It may or may not work.  I would not advise sharing your friend's marriage certificate because his ex-wife is, in all likelihood, not on that address.  So it will look very suspicious and if they check, the problems you will face are way beyond CPR.

Recently, they have started being tough on cases such as these due to abuses by different people.

Appreciate the prompt reply. And I don't think it's worth putting my friend at risk.
Will we be able to get her CPR done, after moving to our new place, just based on the lease (not the municipality letter), as it will most definitely be on my name?

EDIT - EWA will be on the owner's/Landlord's name, we'll just have the lease.

You would need a municipality letter if EWA is not in your name.  Or the landlord can go with you in person and give an NOC.   But sometimes they make a big deal about the letter as they know that people avoid providing that to save on the municipality fee.

Ahh! This still seems feasible! And i take it that the charges for procuring the municipality letter is 5BHD, right?

It's 5 BD for the letter which is not a big deal.  But then after that, in your next EWA bill, you will start getting 10% of the rental value charged to you every month as municipality fee :)

Since her extended family resides in Bahrain too (they're paying rent exclusive of EWA). Will it be possible to register her CPR on their address?

You can do that but if it is not direct blood relatives then it might be tricky.   

What you have to understand is that Bahrain is open but still there are certain things which are not acceptable.  If a woman is staying somewhere as a single woman, she needs to either have the lease in her name or if she is sharing, she must have some relation to the people that live there or be living with her husband or be in a serviced accommodation (which doesn't give you a CPR).   Mind you, this doesn't mean a single woman is restricted from living anywhere - just that for CPR, certain evidences need to be provided to get one or change address. People in the past have abused this and brought in women who were involved in immoral activities so the authorities are on the lookout for this.  Especially since anti-trafficking initiatives have seen significant step up in Bahrain over the last year after many complaints - everyone including immigration and LMRA are cracking down everywhere.

My personal advice would be do it the right way and take the extra cost.  In my decade long experience across the GCC, what I have learnt is, most of the times, nothing happens by doing things like this.  But when something happens, the outcome is quite negative.

Ohh ok! Will go for your suggested alternative, and hope for the best. Truly appreciate the advice provided, and thanks a lot for your time.

Remember where you are.  I have seen people get away by doing something over and over again for years and then in one instant, due to bad luck or whatever, they get caught and face severe consequences.

As an example, many people while learning driving, practice in their neighborhood by driving family cars to prepare for the driving test.  No one checks and usually it is ok to do that.  But you are driving without a license.  I know of a recent case who had the misfortune to be stopped by a police patrol.  He was taken to traffic lock up, jailed, fined and eventually deportation was ordered by the court.   If you talk to people about the risk, you will always hear that how they have done stuff like this and nothing happens.  No one knows or speaks about that one case who was made an example of - just be sure that it is not you :)

Bearing the extra cost might be advantageous! Especially after your point about having blood relatives. So I figure, that in case I want our families back home to visit or explore career opportunities here, their formalities will most probably be processed without a hitch.

Yep exactly.