Mobile Phone

Last question, I want to transfer my mobile number to use in Malta, I have had the same mobile number for 18 years so don't want to lose it. At the minute I have a contract with BT with unlimited minutes, texts, 25GB of data for £20 a month. Is there something similar in Malta?

Many Thanks

At the moment there are no roaming charges with EU countries, but with Brexit looming, that could change.

JWH145 wrote:

Last question, I want to transfer my mobile number to use in Malta, I have had the same mobile number for 18 years so don't want to lose it. At the minute I have a contract with BT with unlimited minutes, texts, 25GB of data for £20 a month. Is there something similar in Malta?

Many Thanks

Think you will have to have a new number over here if you want a local contract. To find what package is best for you it would be wise to google websites for Vodaphone (Malta), GO Mobile and Melita to see the packages and costs.
Even if you have to have a new number here you could still keep your UK number by changing it to a sim only and just leaving a small amount of credit on it. I have done that for the last 6 years with no problem. I have mine in an old phone and then use it when visiting the UK.

I have my UK number with EE, & my Malta number with Vodafone  (mix500), good deal get a dual sim phone and use  can use both on 1 phone.

DerekRP wrote:

I have my UK number with EE, & my Malta number with Vodafone  (mix500), good deal get a dual sim phone and use  can use both on 1 phone.

Why pay for 2 numbers?

SimCityAT wrote:
DerekRP wrote:

Why pay for 2 numbers?

My UK number costs me nothing unless I use it.
It is on the 'PayAsYou Go' account I had when living in UK and the credit I had on it is still there from nearly 7 years ago.