Home Brewing and Equipment

Hello there,

I am moving to Bahrain later this year.  I am planning to bring in my homebrew equipment with me, along with grains, hops and yeast etc.  I wonder if anyone can tell me the legalities of this?  I can see nothing at all in the customs pages that would prohibit this (I am not bringing it in for commercial purposes, this is just a hobby.)

I have trolled the internet, but there doesnt seem to be anything definitive.  My intention is to ship the equipment and the grains in my shipping container and carry the hops and yeasts in my baggage (given that the climate would damage these if they were in the shipping container, this seems sensible.) I have read an old post here, but it seems to be that nothing conclusive was found.

I have also written 3 times to the customs department in Bahrain, but they have not gotten back to answer my questions.  I hope that someone can help with some positive advice.  I know people do brew in Bahrain, its just that I dont want to get in trouble for bringing stuff in...

Thanks

Brewing for own use is not a big issue. Selling it is. So it should be ok.

Thanks so much for this.  Its a big relief.  I am always think its smarter to check.
I love to brew, its just good fun and a great hobby.  Anyway, thanks again...