Investor visa

Hi. What are the benefits of investor visa?
Since there is visa ban for expats at the moment can v work in oman using investor visa for companies?
Can v do freelance business from home using investor visa?

Hi neerajakoshy,

From your post, it is amply evident that you are totally and completely in the dark regarding even the most fundamental of the Omani Labour Laws, and the expatriate employment rules, regulations and policies that are currently being followed in the Sultanate.

Let me throw some light ...

There is no blanket ban on issuing expatriate employment visas, in the first place. Some select categories have been identified and those categories of jobs have been put on hold from issuing employment visas, for the time being. Not permanently though. But most likely, yes.

To be even eligible to apply for an 'investor's visa', the person must have deposited a substantial amount of money as an investment / down payment ...

In Indian Rupees, that sum could run into a few good lakhs. I am talking in the high two digits to start with. (Hope you understand the numbers.)

If a person has that kind of money to invest in, in the first place, he / she would not ever consider working for a monthly income after that.

An 'investor' is a business owner. The person would employ people and pay them to work for him / her. Not the other way round.

Freelancing / moonlighting of any kind is illegal in Oman.

Rather than I go one-by-one with the long laundry list of the whys and why nots of your inane query, please take some time to read through the numerous informative posts in the forum so that you understand at least a fraction of what the ground realities are regarding the Indian expatriate job scenario in Oman currently.

Hi. Sorry for the lack of clarity in my question. The situation is i have an investor visa since we have invested in a property(appartment). We did  not invest for setting up a business.  So basically i have a resident visa. And i want to know whether i can work for a company using this invester visa since employment visa are banned at the moment. Or is there a law that says those with invester visa cannot work under a company since its not an employment visa.

Hi neerajakoshy,

According to the Labour Laws of the land, only those expatriates holding the employment visa are allowed to be employed.

Also, the expatriate is allowed to only work for the sponsor / employer whose name is mentioned on the employment visa. In other words, an expatriate cannot be found or caught working for some other sponsor / employer while his / her resident card says the sponsor / employer as another person / party.

If you wish to be legally employed, you have no other option but to get a proper employment visa in your name.

As you may be aware, there are numerous expatriates who are 'illegally' employed. They run the constant risk of getting caught by the Ministry of Manpower officials / raids and getting fined, jailed and deported. You will the numbers of such expatriates being sent away on a regular basis, published in the dailies.

please how can i change my investor visa to work permit visa becuase i get a job in another company and they want change my visa.please tell what i spose to do.thank you