Reject Employments pass renewal application

My question,
My EP going to expir this month 14 th(march2019). My Ep renewal application rejected . Can i go appeal? If i go appeal how should be my visa validity.? Need atleast one month?

An Appeal takes 2-3 months* and usually nothing more is heard from immigration. Seems you need to finalise your tax return and clearance and leave the country.

*Read 65 working days.

These days good to make renewal application 3 months in advance of expiry date.

Any reason given for not renewing? Is it to do with the new restrictions on under RM10,000/ month?

I recently renewed mine but was given only 1yr Extn. It says pass extended on condition that this person does not remain in west malaysia after Apr 20. I think next time they will surely reject mine. I feel this as a warning to prepare for next yr.

Good luck guys. If u get to know more details share pls.

Hi Shijith,

If may i ask, how long have you been working in Malaysia, and did they give any reason for rejection?

Did they give a reason as to why it was only for one year? I have actually just looked at the wording of mine and the one put on last year says like yours 'not to remain longer than Jan 2020', it has never had that before... maybe this has been going on longer than we realise

I don't think that line is anything to be worried about, I guess its just the wording they use.

I got my first EP in 2018 (valid for 3 years) and it says the same thing. You may want to check with them why they only extended it for 1 year.

Vahn .. my previous 2 year EP visa did not say that line.

Again, I think it is just additional wording to be more verbose about their policy. The date on that statement is exactly the same as the validity date of the employment pass anyway.

Even without the statement in your EP, the rule still applies, its just not explicitly stated.

Hi Anan,

Thanks for sharing.
Did you manage to get extension after your one year pass expired?
I have the same stuation right now. Got just one year extension this year and worried that the immigration reject my application next year.