Thinking of leaving Thailand

To find that sort of behavior you have to be where it is happening.

Any man who has been in Bangkok knows where the red light districts and can easily avoid them.

Obviously you didn't and as far as being propositioned in Big C walking through shopping malls and restaurants go Thai women simply are not that forward and even prostitutes are different people when not working. You are living in a dream world and it's not Thailand...Prostitutes out shopping are out shopping and unless you approach them they would never approach you anywhere there is cameras  and security guards. They would be thrown out immediately and lose face

I have been in hundreds of places with friends and not a prostitute in sight so obviously your idea of a nice place for a drink lies between Cowboy Patpong and Nana.

But then I have an education and smart enough to know where to go. You obviously do not.

regards

1 very angry Thai lady

I always love thailand since school time. About frang attitude towards thai people i think its because he might encounter some people or some places. Those con artists that he mention also exists in every country. Thai people is one of the most manner person i encounter next are Japanese, of coz there are also many nice people around thr world. Yes there are many immigration laws which are very uncommon but when u think of it its because they want to protect thier citizen  and aslo to prevent been exploited by others. I myself been planing to migrate there but i understand that its no easy

what  ludicrous statements.
I lived in Ting Tong Land for over 12 years. I return for business occassionally.

Thailand is full of prostitution and it is not just in red light districts. Large number of families have no option but to send their daughters and boys to "work" the streets as there is no way for them to survive otherwise.  The Hi So's don't give a toss about the poor.

All that I stated is true and not in red light areas, I do not frequent them.. Thailand is known the world over as the Sex Tourism Capitol of the world.

However that is not the only down side I meantioned.

And the Hyatt is not where you mentioned.

I think its ok u dont like thailand but i think we should not talk bad so much as if u hate it so much. Then why all the frang go to thai or philipine is not really because the weather or location its that many expat cant actually having a decent life in thier own country thst why they search for other country.. I think we should be come with expectations and goes with experience and no need to bad mouth the area u went. Cheers mate.

You got offered a bj on Sukhumvit road ....soi 3 to 11 famous for that but you just happened to be passing... :D

No i dont get that. But its a nice place

Wasnt talking to you....what r u smoking lol

Chalanda wrote:

Wasnt talking to you....what r u smoking lol

FYI ~ this is a very "public" platform,...with a huge audience. ^ Eh?... :cool:

Stevepiraq wrote:

I to decided to leave Thailand and now reside and work In Myanmar. This is not where I will retire however it gives me the opportunity to decide for the future.

Right now i am back in Bangkok for a few days of business and I immediatley realized why I wanted to leave.

Rubbish all over the place, plastic plastic plastic.
Scam artists on street corners tryng to get you to buy all kinds of crap.
Prostitutes everywhere, quite literally everywhere. In the last few days I have been propositioned in shopping malls, a hair salon, Big C,  a restaurant at breakfast time.  Walking back to my hotel getting offerred a BJ on the Sukhumvit road. Where are the police.
Immigration rules FFS.
Go out for a beer in the evening even in a decent place and there is a line of women looking to get their stcky fingers on your wallet.

Not for me anymore.

Indeed(s),… :cool: comparatively speaking,…I am eternally thankful… to the balanced Laws of Karma,…for granting me the privileged gift of the “specifically” genetic (parenting) platform,… that brought me into my present life.

Thus,…Hallelujah and,…a successful New Year…for every-year of my humble Buddhist,...^ Kindergarten level of existence. :thanks: 

Hence,…wishing many "happy (Siamese) days" of un-constipated regards to y'all.... :whistle:

Oops!... And kindly pardon my own typically arrogant,...and ludicrous statements made :top:

Law of Karma?  was never explained better :-

It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory

Chalanda wrote:

To find that sort of behavior you have to be where it is happening.

Any man who has been in Bangkok knows where the red light districts and can easily avoid them.

Obviously you didn't and as far as being propositioned in Big C walking through shopping malls and restaurants go Thai women simply are not that forward and even prostitutes are different people when not working. You are living in a dream world and it's not Thailand...Prostitutes out shopping are out shopping and unless you approach them they would never approach you anywhere there is cameras  and security guards. They would be thrown out immediately and lose face

I have been in hundreds of places with friends and not a prostitute in sight so obviously your idea of a nice place for a drink lies between Cowboy Patpong and Nana.

But then I have an education and smart enough to know where to go. You obviously do not.

regards

1 very angry Thai lady

Why waste your effort,...and energy spent on the typically obvious. Don't be angry. Just give those blokes your Siamese best "you-poor-farang_baby" smile, while walking away...:top:

I have a Thai family with 14 members so always some one knows where so and so can be found, especially decent Thai food at the local's prices 45-85 baht for a meal , you can a foreigner not knowing a town can not expect to know much about a new place , it can take years ... luckily my family has a decent restaurant in the family as well as a pharmacy an attorney and a beauty shop so , we can obtain most every thing we need, I could not manage without all their daily help , navigating a car registration or filing the TM30 every thing is in Thai at a Thai office where everyone speaks Thai, but that is the price of a no property tax house and a 1100 Sq/ft house for 30,000 USD ... I have no complaints but then I have a great infrastructure ... I do feel for those thinking they can just retire here ... it takes a lot more than they understand to make that work. As for the 400,000 baht in the bank , done, as well as health ins good in thailand for when that new rule is applied probably in the coming year I expect, and long over due actually , foreigners should not be getting public health care supported by the Thai working class , where they have never contributed to the tax base substantially.

Actually, what initiated the Foreigner (Comprehensive) Health Care Insurance requirement, was the result of so many deadbeat western expats, stiffing many Thai hospitals, for services rendered,...for many years.

Those hospitals were kind enough to extend credit lines to long-term foreign residents, many of whom simply made monthly installment payments long-enough to recuperate to their prior health status(s), then quietly exited Thailand, like thieves in the night.

And, since many Healthcare Insurance providers do not provide coverage for 75+ year young foreigners, then any foreigner, who's 75+ must provide solvency proof of their ability to "self-pay" prior to any hospital In_Patient admittance care, beyond the ER life-saving stabilization status.

50 years of being stiffed by farang deadbeats,...is quite enough! Adios! :cheers:

Exactly the local public health system should not be taking care of 20,000,000 visitors a year for almost nothing ... foreigners want a cheap ride when they certainly can afford to pay a fair rate considering they contribute nothing tax wise long term locally ... and if you don't like the rules ... leave don't just complain about them .. take your business else where ... I have been coming to Thailand my 2nd home for almost a decade ... and will be moving there full time come jan 2020 ... I have 3 households to help support as my contribution to the local economy and my extended family ... no complaints happy to help out as I can , I have a lifetime retirement which the average working Thai will never see and am happy to share it with my favorite aunts and uncles and in-laws who have worked since they were kids on the farm in Issan and now are in their late 60's ... god bless them , honest and hard working and just good people to be around.

I don't know how it works here. My BF's friend had a stroke and was in Bumrungrad and his brother flew from Australia and paid the bills.

Other than that I have no real knowledge concerning this.

But you mention if someone is over 75 years old they must prove they can pay before being admitted ???

I can just see some old man with his leg hanging off and a cracked skull saying no I don't have enough money and Thai doctors leaving him to die in the waiting room.

That would go down well with the tourists organisations

I did read something about Thai Hospitals contacting relations of Farang they have treated and asking them to pay or contribute to the outstanding bill but with little success. They were talkng about millions outstanding

I have never heard of any hospital refusing to attend to someone critically ill.

Be interesting to hear from someone who has?

Chalanda wrote:

But you mention if someone is over 75 years old they must prove they can pay before being admitted ???
I can just see some old man with his leg hanging off and a cracked skull saying no I don't have enough money and Thai doctors leaving him to die in the waiting room.

Sigh! The following is a (slightly edited) plain English "clarity" excerpt,...from post # 53.

"And, since many Healthcare Insurance providers do not provide coverage for 75+ year young foreigners, then any foreigner, who's 75+, must provide solvency proof of their ability to "self-pay", prior to any hospital In_Patient admittance care, beyond the ER (life-saving) Vital Signs stabilization status." Kao jai mai? :thanks:

Sigh!! so sorry Madam

If you wrote English the way people actually speak I would have more chance of understanding your post

In the UK people would simply say "Unless you are about to die they wont let you into a hospital in Thailand if you cant prove you can pay you bill" not like they just swallowed a dictionary

Chalanda wrote:

Sigh!! so sorry Madam

If you wrote English the way people actually speak I would have more chance of understanding your post

In the UK people would simply say "Unless you are about to die they wont let you into a hospital in Thailand if you cant prove you can pay you bill" not like they just swallowed a dictionary

Excuse me,...sir!,...As such,...I'm not the typically contentious "knit-picking" poster,...here. If you can't take it,...then don't dish it. Simple equation,..eh? Touche'...:top:

Actually, I totally agree with 95% of Chalanda's reply posts. Yeah! Since nobody's purfekt, that's ^ an A+ grade, on any university campus.

Anyway,...Oops!,,,,had I included an Emmerdale or Coronation Street (level of English) speaking courses,...with an "East Ender" option to my curriculum, then I'd be far better educated,...no doubt. :whistle: 

However,...I sincerely appreciate the advice :thanks:  Hence,...have a...cheerio breakfast!

Sir? What kind of Thai lady thinks Chalanda is a man's name?
ເຈົ້າເກີດຢູ່ປະເທດໄທຢູ່ໃສ

ถอนหายใจ  :whistle:

I moved to Bangkok in 1993 and left in 2007. Lived in HCMC, Ha Noi, Phnom Penh and Vientiane over the years since then. Now, I'm back in Vietnam but living at the beach.

Although Cambodia and Vietnam are often mentioned as alternatives to Thailand, they of course also have numerous sometimes similar drawbacks. Vietnam is at least developing. Laos, as you know, is the most similar to Thailand but I found it to be depressing in the long term.

Anyway, if you are thinking of relocating to Vietnam, do your reearch and make at least one trip there beforehand if you haven't visited already. Many find the transistion from Thailand to VN a bit difficult.

Check out the VN forum for more info:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=219

Well, I haven't stayed long in Laos or Cambodia. A friend loves Kamphet (? forgot the name - they have a literary festival in Autumn). Laos: higher food prices.

Vietnam: I've found a modern hotel charging like 6 million by the month. My electricity bill will be 1/3 of that, so it's a great deal.

If you can handle the traffic and ride a motorcycle, you should be okay.

Sending money back home can turn out to be a big headache. (Unlike walking into a GSB branch and using RIA Financial to send money to one's bank account). But then, you have retired.

Nice beaches, good value food, but forget it if you like the taste of Thai food. You will be disappointed.

P.S.: The VISA situation is much better. You can buy the VISA you want and relax for say 6 months or whatever you choose. Thailand is shooting itself in the foot by overreacting (TM-30 reporting, not offering a quick and easy way to just pay at an airport).