Thinking of leaving Thailand

Looking for information about maybe retirement in Vietnam, or any other countries near by.
Cost of living . As I'm thinking of leaving Thailand after living here for 2 years.
Any information or advice would be appreciated.

what went wrong , tell us please
Florin

My UK husband and I living here in Thailand about 12 years. We have been to many countries in Asia and we decided to live in Thailand, Surin city. It's very nice place, the cost of living is OK. What things went wrong with  you?

What about Philippines, I am assuming language barrier is one of your reasons?

Farleyman55 :

Looking for information about maybe retirement in Vietnam, or any other countries near by.
Cost of living . As I'm thinking of leaving Thailand after living here for 2 years.
Any information or advice would be appreciated.

Do yourself a huge favor. Stay in Thailand. :cheers:

Hi jana
Thanks for your comment.
Why do you think I should stay in Thailand.
As many farung are leaving Thailand and moving to Vietnam or Cambodia.

Hiya
Thanks for your comments
No it's not the language barrier as I can speak a little thai, and thai people I speak to speak English to me.
It's just the way immigration is making it harder for us expats.
Yes I've thought about the Philippines as well as Cambodia and Vietnam.
Many thanks

I have the same problem with immigration, and i have a Thai wife but cannot stay in Thailand because i need to show 400,000 Bhat to the immigration each year so i can stay in the country which is insane, when i come here i bring with me all the necessary papers including a family business financial statement (stamped and approved from my government) that i get around 52k per month but they didn't accept it! actually before i come here my wife asked and they said if you are married this paper is required for his visa.
The immigration is a big problem in Thailand as really no one tells you what is really required until you start the process then Surprise! My wife can get a renewable 3 years resident in my country and if we have a child she will get a citizenship, then on the other hand you see many people living and working in Thailand illegally it's very sad that the right people that should stay in the country cannot.

finally i am thinking of moving with my wife to a nearby S.Asia county KL is my favorite since i stayed there before for 4 months and the salaries are way better than Thailand.

Where place you live now..?

Hi Im Amila from Srilanka.colombo.Im into travel & tourism industry.i used to fly asian countries often.Im planing to come to work for thailand ,malaysia or dubai,,can anybody help me to find some job opprtunities there.
Thanks,