Medical insurance covering while living in Malaysia

Hello my friends,

Good day to you.

I'm considering to buy medical insurance coverage for me and my wife while living in Malaysia.

Do you have any experience about that and which branch should be chosen, please give me a few advice related to it?

Thank you.

Malaysian medical insurance only covers hospitalization and associated care immediately before and afterwards. It's based on financial indemnity so there are limits to reimbursement and some policies have annual or lifetime maximums. A long term visa (EP, Mm2h etc) is required to buy a Malaysian medical card policy

A starting place for information is https://www.imoney.my which has an insurance section. The cost of a policy will be based on age and there can be exemptions for existing illness. Insurance companies will have different policies on offer so read the policy highlights carefully.

Most insurers have a long list of panel hospitals where care can be obtained.

Popular insurers include AXA, Tokio Marine, Zurich, etc.

If you go via an agent remember they will only be a representative of one company. Likewise you don't need to use an Agent and pay them commission through higher policy charges. You can walk in to any insurance service centre and buy direct after doing your research.

We like AXA International Health Plan. If you get in, you can stay with it for the rest of your life and it covers all the countries except of USA.