Help with renting apartment in Merida

Hi, After a year traveling around Asia and SE Asia, plus living in Thailand, I have come back to the USA for three weeks to plan a possible new country to check out for living. I'll be in Merida on March 11th and have a hotel for a week. I'm looking for any suggestions or assistance with an inexpensive, furnished studio or one bedroom apartment to rent in or close to the CBD for 3 to 6 months. I'll be using public transportation and walking, or uber, and am going to check out Merida on a six month tourist visa before committing to a retirement Visa. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Jack.

Hola Señor  Ive been to Merida a number of times, lovely and historic but kind of hot! Go to ( Merida English Library ) see website its in Centro . You can meet all the ex pats and trade info or post on bulletin board. Also try Encuentra24.com OLX.com viva nuncios.com/mx yolisto.com/forums  and immuebles24.com  Lots of nice hostels in Merida Facebook groups too!  Im going down from Canada March 15 , keep me posted ,Im in Playa del Carmen (more pricey place)  but coming over to Merida for a week or so to check dentists out.  Buena Suerte  Phil

Hi Skyranger. I'm going on 6 years here. Can give you good info. Email me at ****

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Philforrester,

I'll be in Merida for several weeks at least.  Let's get together when you are in town.  Have a beer and chat.

JH

Advice for the intrepid OP.
People lie on forums, even local estate agents. They also lie when you meet them if they think there's half a chance of a quick buck.
Please remember on golden rule - estate agents' mummies and daddies are rarely married.

Your email address  was blocked by the system.