Advise about living in Philippines and working in USA.

I am married for 10 years to a Filipino and we have house in Angeles City. I also have A-card. I recently sold my house in USA and am planning to make Philippines my home. I am retired, but still work in US. Is anyone under similar circumstances? I have Metrobank account, so getting SSI and employment wages deposited Is no problem. Should I inform Social Security, IRS, and my employer of my Philippine address? Who do I contact about Philippine taxes? I also have questions about importing goods from China, but will discuss them in another thread. Thanks.

Hello John

What kind of work will you be doing in the US, while living in the Philippines?  Can I assume you are doing this work on your computer?  Will you still keep a US address?
       There are a number of ways to look at this, but you might consider keeping your bank accounts at home, and simply transferring funds to your Metro account  in the Philippines as needed.  I suppose you are technically working in the Philippines if you are doing some sort of computer work over the internet, so I am not too sure why you will want to pay taxes in the Philippines, but I am no expert here, nor would I want to advise you in this matter.   
       As been noted on other discussions in this forum, it is suggested that you keep the doors open to your homeland for at least  a few years and see how you will enjoy your new life in the Philippines.

Bob604

I am a Merchant Marine working as Chief Engineer on boats. The company I work for is based in US, but my work has been there and international for years. I believe my taxable income will be subject to Philippine taxes which will offset my US tax liability. I have spent more time in Philippines than US since getting married 10 years ago and am pretty sure I will be happy there. As for my other questions I would appreciate replies from anyone with advice. Thanks.