Slurry spreading

Hi, can anyone tell me what the responsibilities of the farmer are when spraying slurry onto fields?
Does it need to be ploughed in?
Can it be spayed on pasture land?
Are there any rules around how close to houses this can be done?
We have moved to the countryside but to have raw cow and pig muck sprayed all around us seems a little much!
Any help appreciated.
Cheers, Les

:lol::lol:  And yes, these are the joys of life in the countryside ...

Regulatory distances for spreading slurry
Depending on the type of dejection, the spreading conditions, distances and landfill times will not be the same. It is forbidden to spread on certain types of soils:

if they are uncultivated;
on legumes, with exceptions;
on steep slopes
on lands that freeze strongly (except for manure and compost);
on snowy, flooded or wet ground.
Distances are regulated according to surrounding buildings and natural features as well as the nature of manure and effluents. Depending on the types of waste used, here are the minimum distances to respect for homes, premises used regularly, sports complexes and campgrounds:

Slurry tank with device for direct injection into the ground: minimum distance of 15 m. The landfill time is immediate.
Manure with hanging device, that is to say a spreading near the ground: minimum distance of 50 m. The burial time is 12 hours.
Other cases (manure, droppings, etc.): minimum distance of 100 m. The landfill time is 12 to 24 hours.
Distances to respect for the natural elements:

The banks and rivers: in general 35 m. It must be spread to 100 m in case of urban sludge and industrial effluents
Bathing places: 200 m.
Public roads: Deposits should not obstruct the visibility of intersections and spreading should be done to avoid runoff on roads. Minimum distance allowed: 5 m.

Thanks for that. Very detailed. I presume by landfill that you mean ploughed into the ground.
The field is probably less than 50 MTRS away, is pasture for livestock, has been sprayed with slurry (there is an open slurry pit the other side of the farm from us which is used for cow and pig dung)...

Can I ask what the origins of the information is please?