Filing of Income Tax Return for Expats

Hi. It's my first time to file for an income tax return. where could I find the guidelines?

LHDN has them but not many in English. But if you search BE form English there are resources available online. Otherwise keep your translation programme Malay to English open

i actually don't know which form to use lol

i have already completed the 182 days  requirement for the 28% tax last december and currently being taxed on resident tax rate. which for should i use? e-be? or m?

I think you use the Tax Resident form BE because you said you achieved 182 days in 2018 and thereby became TR for 2018 (Jan-Dec)

Thanks Gravitas! successfully filed my tax return. i'll just wait for the feedback of LHDN with regards to my refund.

Hi Gravitas,

I also want to know which form should I fill e-M or any other? I have an employment pass, arrived on Aug 2018. Let me know if you need any more information. Thank you.

Regards,
Hassan

If you arrived in August you could not have been in Malaysia for the required 182 days to become tax resident, therefore I believe you would need to use the non-resident form.

http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … mit=Search

You can become resident around 2nd July 2019 depending how many days of private travel you take outside Malaysia up until that point (remember the maximum is 14 days if you want to link 2018 tax year to 2019 and be able to get reimbursed for tax over-payment for 2018)

Thank you.

Hi All,

I was there in Malaysia with x company for 140 days
And my current project got completed and my employer cancelled my visa , cleared tax and asked me to move back to india
I have got a offer from y company and again I am moving to Malaysia and this happens in the same tax year
So how the tax is being deducted for me after joining y company
Again I need to complete 180 days from beginning or only the leftover days
Are they going to deduct 28 % for next 6 months or how??
Can someone clarify