Updated cost of living in Delhi?

Hi all,

Relocating to Delhi from Stockholm Sweden, in a few months and am now trying to figure out the cost of living. Have browsed through some of the threads here but all seems to be slightly dated?
Hoping for updated figures as per below and maybe some advise reg best areas to live etc?

-Cost for South Delhi (Visant Vihar, Hauz Khas, Visant Kunj or other similar suggestions) accommodation in gated community or similar arrangement with good security and well developed infrastructure?
-Cost for domestic help?
-Cost for full time driver?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

The costs requested by you can vary widely depending on the size of accommodation you seek, and its furnishings. And the cost of a domestic help will also vary with the size of the accommodation and if it includes cooking.

For example, a 2 bedroom apartment may have a monthly rental in the range from INR 50k - 300k, a domestic help may charge INR 3k-15k, and a driver from INR 15-20k.

However, a smaller apartment may cost less. I have a fully furnished Studio apartment at INR 40k.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that gives me an idea at least.

What areas in South Delhi would you recommend staying? I'd like something a bit more quiet and residential to be able to disconnect from a busy work schedule.

Thanks again :)

Marinex, that is very high at 40k for an apartment, even more so at as much as 300k!  Are these gori rates??  I'm paying 15k for my house floor (upstairs) of a two-story house, 1200 for domestic help (no cooking), and 2k for power.

I'm in Vaḍodarā, a Tier-2 city.  I would not live in Dillī, but I guess it depends on the job.  Fortunately, I'm free to live where I want.