Rental, living costs and what teens do in the holidays ?

Hi there. We are hoping to take the plunge to move to Mauritius..
And are scared and excited at the same time. Unlike many expats, I (the mom 😁) will be the primary breadwinner and my partner will still be looking for employment. Our 13 year old boy will need placement in an affordable international school. I saw a great post in 2008 here on rental and living costs - can one get an updated view perhaps. Also, was trying to establish what teens do in the holidays...(except hang out alone at home).
Any advice?
Looking foward to meeting some expat working moms too. 😊😊

Hi Mauritiusherewecome,

Please note that i have created a new thread from your post on the Mauritius forum so that you might get some infos.

Feel free to have a look at the following thread though : Cost of living 2019 in Mauritius

All the best,
Bhavna

We are new to Mauritius too.  Our 15 year old is struggling a bit with friends, but she does have some special needs which makes it a little challenging - I get the impression that most children settle in fine and make friends.  The school she is in is small, caring and has children from many countries - St Nicholas in Phoenix.  Our 20 year old is at uni in the UK but coming over for the next holidays in April - I am fearing he will be so bored as he doesn't know anyone and didn't go to school here so has no friends here.....I am so looking forward to seeing him, but I think he will miss the big city life he loves!  Any suggestions welcome here too.  P.S. I fully intend to be an expat working mom very soon......working on it!!!!