Updated rules for getting new driving licence for female

Hello all,

i had my DL about 2.5 years ago but as i am researching to apply for my wife for a new driving licence some confusions arises. it would be great if someone can help here.

1. rules say eye test needs to be done at certified optician (rule came in effect from 2018), so first do we have to get form from ROP or we should go to optician first and they give a certificate?

2. blood test certificate required?

3. NOC from guardian/ husband. is it required for expat resident lady as well or its only for locals?

4. rule stats 'An unemployed lady must produce copy of her husband's labour card and a letter from his sponsor confirming that she is in Oman in the company of her husband.' is this different fro mNOC from husband's sponsor's NOC?

i realy hope someone can clarify these and if some lady had got new driving licence can also shade light on the procedure and where to go as well.

Good afternoon,

maybe I can help with the first one: when I renewed my DL last year I had to do an eye testing too. It was done at the ROP  (the one for driving license).

And: if they tell you to bring copies of something - no need to come again as you can do copies at the coffee shop behind the ROP...

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I actually just saw your reply.
Even when i went for getting the green book i remember had my eyes checked at ROP only. But after that the rules are changed and you need to go to a few hospitals directed by ROP to do the same.
Regarding other documents.. At ROP we actually had all the documents written on site. But the office didn't even ask for any. Just required my wife's resident id, copy of it and that's it. No other document was required.
I wonder why on website they are citing so many documents then