Is there a way to get a TRC using only your Vietnamese children?

I posted this on the tail end of another thread but maybe not the best way to ask so I'm making this its own thread. I've left the other in case this is wrong - I just joined so if the mod could kindly help with this and explain anything I need to know, much appreciated.  I guess every single post you make is tagged and slotted under your city? That's weird if a national topic like visas. I guess best to simply view the Vietnam level?

Is there a way to get a TRC using only your Vietnamese children?  For example, if you are a foreigner (not Viet Khieu) but divorced from a Vietnamese with whom you have underage kids who have VN passports, and everyone lives in VN can you get a TRC as the parent of the kids, and not as the spouse?

How would that work? Can an "unhelpful" wife, ex or otherwise, be worked around and not needed?  Have you ever heard of an ex petitioning to block any further stay in VN (though with nothing legal to justify such a thing).

On the other hand, if I have copies of documents already, is anything from an "unhelpful" spouse needed that I couldn't simply include in the application myself (and I don't mean by forging anything, just by supplying it)?

Btw, is there a list here of the different lengths of time for different types of TRC and what all the initials mean exactly?

Thank you very much, very informative forum.

snoopcat wrote:

I posted this on the tail end of another thread but maybe not the best way to ask so I'm making this its own thread. I've left the other in case this is wrong - I just joined so if the mod could kindly help with this and explain anything I need to know, much appreciated.  I guess every single post you make is tagged and slotted under your city? That's weird if a national topic like visas. I guess best to simply view the Vietnam level?

Is there a way to get a TRC using only your Vietnamese children?  For example, if you are a foreigner (not Viet Khieu) but divorced from a Vietnamese with whom you have underage kids who have VN passports, and everyone lives in VN can you get a TRC as the parent of the kids, and not as the spouse?

How would that work? Can an "unhelpful" wife, ex or otherwise, be worked around and not needed?  Have you ever heard of an ex petitioning to block any further stay in VN (though with nothing legal to justify such a thing).

On the other hand, if I have copies of documents already, is anything from an "unhelpful" spouse needed that I couldn't simply include in the application myself (and I don't mean by forging anything, just by supplying it)?

Btw, is there a list here of the different lengths of time for different types of TRC and what all the initials mean exactly?

I doubt if you can, I may be wrong. When you do a TRC the person who sponsors you needs to have a national ID card and house registration and can sign the documents.Being the father of a child you can apply for a TT visa which lasts for 12 months.

To be honest, I would contact your local imigration office or a reputable lawyer. The laws in VN are not set in stone, they are open to interpretation by officials, and trust me, they do it.

This may help................https://www.immigrationservices.com.vn/visas-tt-vr/?lang=en

colinoscapee wrote:
snoopcat wrote:

I doubt if you can, I may be wrong. When you do a TRC the person who sponsors you needs to have a national ID card and house registration and can sign the documents.Being the father of a child you can apply for a TT visa which lasts for 12 months.

To be honest, I would contact your local imigration office or a reputable lawyer. The laws in VN are not set in stone, they are open to interpretation by officials, and trust me, they do it.

This may help:
https://www.immigrationservices.com.vn/ … r/?lang=en

Is that a commercial website you personally endorse for trustworthiness,  @Colinoscapee?

Is there a government site with relevant information in case a person wants to avoid an agent (as so often is the advice here)?

Since there doesn't seem to be an Embassy of Vietnam in Zimbabwe, how would someone in similar circumstances get direct help from the government with a TT visa application?

I read as much as I could and one law firm quotes every category and the last is:

Issued to foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children under 18 years of age of the foreigners issued with LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, UNIVERSITY, PV1, LD visas, or foreigners that are parents, spouse, and children of Vietnamese citizens. (TT)

The last part seems to clearly indicate parents of Vietnamese citizens.  And I've seen the same written elsewhere or truncated. 

It does seem obvious that the spouse may pass away. No one has heard of that version yet huh?

>>I doubt if you can, I may be wrong. When you do a TRC the person who sponsors you needs to have a national ID card and house registration and can sign the documents.Being the father of a child you can apply for a TT visa which lasts for 12 months.

I don't follow the logic. You seem to say No, then say Yes for 1 year.   But I just noticed the site you like to has the exact same wording as I quoted above about a parent.

Also, why do you say 1 year? My last one and I really don't know what was done, Spousal I guess now as it say TT and was 3 years. I just noted that site says TT is 1 year. They were all reduced?

Question:

1) I also noticed about extending your TT trc. But then posts on here said forget it. How difficult is that?

2) with a TRC TT now, do I have to leave the country and have some other visa then come back and apply? I don't understand that part.

3) if I did a spousal version, is there any need for her to be involved, or I simply need a document proving her ID and our marriage? 

4) Is there a clear list somewhere of each doc required?

Thanks for any advice.

"I don't follow the logic. You seem to say No, then say Yes for 1 year.   But I just noticed the site you like to has the exact same wording as I quoted above about a parent."

You asked about a TRC, I said I doubted it. I mentioned a TT visa, which is not a TRC and the length of the two is completely different.

Btw, I was asking the owner of my apartment about the police letter required. She says she registered me here xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn  which seems to me to be only for hotels and such for people here a few days.  They have doc with an example  which shows a beach resort.

Have you ever heard of this being used to register someone with police? Be great ifnthey did that instead of current nonsense, but I haven't and seems like some stupid shortcut they took.

3)" if I did a spousal version, is there any need for her to be involved, or I simply need a document proving her ID and our marriage?  "

You may want to take some time thinking about this, the word "spouse" should help you to ascertain an answer.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
snoopcat wrote:

This may help:
https://www.immigrationservices.com.vn/ … r/?lang=en

Is that a commercial website you personally endorse for trustworthiness,  @Colinoscapee?

Is there a government site with relevant information in case a person wants to avoid an agent (as so often is the advice here)?

Since there doesn't seem to be an Embassy of Vietnam in Zimbabwe, how would someone in similar circumstances get direct help from the government with a TT visa application?

That website was just a guideline for the OP. As I mentioned before, he should go to immigration and get the info.

I doubt the official gov website will be helpful, that is unless he can read Vietnamese.

OH, OK. Thanks for clarifying. Didn't know they were different there.

My TRC says TT on it. What does that mean then?

I still read the law saying clearing that a TRC is for spouses or parents as quoted above.

I've stared at the word "spouse"for a long time and nothing jumped up and said "she must go in person to apply with you, you can't submit her documents in your application yourself".

Nope, still don't see it being inherent in the word. Do you?

>>That website was just a guideline for the OP. As I mentioned before, he should go to immigration and get the info.

I wasn't going by that website at all and of course will be going in to the Imm. dept but obviously just gathering info for now.

If you have a good link to the gov't site, please post it.  One I was trying was another of those disaster websites and calling the number gave a dialing but can't even connect problem 10 times in a row. Can't recall the last number that ever did that.

Thanks

snoopcat wrote:

I've stared at the word "spouse"for a long time and nothing jumped up and said "she must go in person to apply with you, you can't submit her documents in your application yourself".

Nope, still don't see it being inherent in the word. Do you?

Best you go to immigration and sort it.

"Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person)." 
The above is a quote from one site regarding a TRC.  Often there is no reliable site to contact, seldom are they polite enough to respond back, and things take forever to actually get something done.  I'd contact a good lawyer who can verify and translate. 
As stated previously, a TT visa is perhaps a better way to go using multi-entry, translation of certificates of birth if not in Vietnamese.  All other docs would have to be translated and verified as true as well.  The TT visa I had cost about 130.00 usd for 6 months multi-entry...Good Luck.

The letters "TT" are:  TT:
"This visa type is granted to individuals who are entering Vietnam in
order to visit with their spouses, children who are Vietnamese or foreigners
residing in Vietnam and holding Vietnam visa types with the symbols: LV1, LV2,
ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ (This Vietnam visa type is for a maximum 2 months)."   As I said above...mine was for 6 months.