Order of Business for applying for Rentista

Currently starting the first steps for Rentista, getting ready to send fingerprints to FBI for background check and going to obtain birth certificate. I will forward both to appropriate places to be apostilled. Once those are returned to me I will submit application. I am going the route of depositing the required funds and at this time plan to use Banco Nacional de Costa Rica. Should I deposit the funds prior to applying so I have the letter from the bank stating I have the required income or can I submit the application and do it after?  Not sure from all I'm reading what order I need to do this in. Also, I understand I need to submit a letter to immigration stating why I am applying. I'm retiring early and plan to escape from the rat race so to speak. What should I put in the letter? 

Thank you in advance for anything you can tell me.

The first deposit of $60k is required to be deposited prior to the application and a second deposit of another 60K, two years later,

Personally, I don't suggest/advise you to begin the application process until you have spent time to Costa Rica.

Know that as a Rentista your CAJA monthly premium will be substantially higher than it would be as a Pensionado.

Your lawyer would be the best person to discuss the fingerprint issue. Sometime this is done at the beginning of the application processor at the end.

Thank you for responding! When you say, my lawyer, are you referring to retaining a lawyer in Costa Rica to facilitate the application process?

Yes....or at least get in touch with one to be certain you have done what is required.