Still trying to attain gainful employment in Bahrain...

Hello all, I'm Hag and I've been trying to find work in Bahrain for the past 9 months with little luck :(  I went to Bahrain for my third visit in March, this time on a job hunting expedition and not for the Formula 1 GP, but my timing was less than good.  I arrived on March 9th and stayed until April 4th, during which time the unrest reached a crescendo and my efforts were somewhat stifled.  Even during this, though it pained me to see what was happening given Ireland's own troubled past, I found the people to be more than friendly, and eager and willing to help out a foreigner.  This is something that I miss form my youth in Ireland, at a time when you actually knew your neighbours and it was safe to leave your door unlocked at night.  Those days are long gone now in Ireland and, I fear, will never return, so I look to the future with open eyes and an open mind, hoping to secure something in that wonderful kingdom sooner rather than later.

I did meet some very good people there who are still keeping their ears to the ground for suitable positions but I'm still finding it almost impossible to find something remotely.  My partner is most likely going to be offered a job in Bahrain in the very near future and it would break my heart to see her go and not be able to join her.  I hope that through this portal I can make some new connections and maybe someday meet some of you fine people ;)

Thanks you for reading.

Hi Hag!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Thanks Armand;)

Hi Hag,

Be very welcome on the forum, and hopefully soon in Bahrain !
We certainly don't want your heart (or your partner's) to be broken !!!
It is true that employment situation in Bahrain in somehow blurred at the moment but things are gradually picking up so we can hope for the best.
You don not say anything about the kind of job you are looking for or the area your experience is.
If you don't want to publish it on the forum, feel free to use the private message system.
We also have some classified you might use and most of the local neswpaper have a website where you can read the adds online.
Try to find Gulf Daily News, Gulf News, Gulf Weekly, Al Ayam through Google.
If you can(t find them let me know, I'll provide you with the adress.

My fingers stay crossed for you to find something fast.

Friendly yours

Olivier

Thanks Olivier,

I had planned to post something on this today, I had a crazy weekend here, I wasn't online much and couldn't dedicate the time to writing something coherent and concise:)

I worked in the Irish Chemical industry for ten years and last year was made redundant.  My experience is varied but covers engineering project commissioning, assistant to the Project Manager and led commissioning teams on several process improvement and equipment upgrade projects, including completing IQ, OQ & PQ's and all project documentation in a heavily regulated industry.  I worked in document control,  manufacturing and control room operations, I was senior trainer for manufacturing staff and was on-site expert in containment technologies for 7 years.  I have experience in other areas also, such as auditing in process, quality, safety & environment and training and assisted with external auditing bodies such as the FDA, IMB(Irish Medicines Board) & Sarbannes Oxley.  I have been trained in fire-fighting, first aid, chemical handling and managed a safe behavior program for 5 years.  I began my Chemical industry career as Assistant Environmental Chemist and gradually increased my range of skills.

That's it in a nutshell, I have a Diploma in Science, in Good Manufacturing Practices and Technology which is a step towards chemical Engineering, and I've recently completed a course in Project Management and am currently studying for the exams.

Ideally, I'd like to get a job in Bahrain but I'm not ruling out working in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia and have been searching there for a while, my partner is commencing employment at the beginning of September and I hope to find something between now and then.  The difficulty I find is that applying for jobs remotely is not as productive as being in the target area, being in Ireland is not helping my situation. 

Any help in my search would be greatly appreciated.