Insurance Professional salary

Hello All,

I am a Senior Underwriter working for an international company in Canada. It's been 10 years I have been in insurance industry. My specialty is in personal lines insurance like home, car, boats, motorcycle etc.

I was born and raised in Bahrain and moved out when I was 18. Now I am contemplating to move back. (miss it a lotttt!!! :))

I searched major insurance companies in Bahrain, sadly none really had any openings but I will still drop my resume to try my luck. I have tried glass door and other sites but cannot figure out how much an insurance underwriter makes on average in Bahrain.

Looking at the expenses post and my own research, with a family size of 4, my estimate is that I need at least BD 1200 to live comfortably and save some as well. (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

May be some of you might know someone who is in insurance field or have any knowledge of scope of insurance professionals in Bahrain as well as salary, range, please let me know. I will greatly appreciate.

Take care.

I think the estimate is on the lower side.  With kids, you would need an employer to cover schooling or give cash allowance.

Search for salaries in UAE and discount by 20% or so - just to get a rough idea.  There are a lot of salary surveys done in the UAE by different recruitment agencies e.g. Michael Page, Hays, Robert Half and are available on their websites.

Thank you!! The recruitment agencies you mentioned really helped. I wasn't aware of Hays and Michael Page so this will definitely help with job hunting as well.
I looked at Hays and Robert Half salary reports, looking at their salary numbers, I now
have a pretty good idea about the salary ranges.

Cheers.

Happy to help!