I left under Amnesty and removed Abscond once I left. Can I return?

Good evening all,

So I left Dubai during the Amnesty and when out I was told to clear my abscond which my old company did. I did however see there was a final exit document said to me but my old company also issued me a no objection letter and said if I need any help re-entering I should contact them.

So I did a visit visa and it was rejected? What do I need to do to re-enter? I am a company owner in the UAE on top of that so this is not helping.

Regards

All the clearances don't mean anything as the decision to let you enter is entirely at the discretion of immigration.  They understandably get nervous in situations such as the one you described.

You need to get a lawyer or a strong PRO to follow up with immigration to get the visa.

Well thank you for your reply. The thing is they know the full circumstances of my abscond which was I was in a serious accident that broke both my legs and could not walk (provided medical docs) and since I couldn't go back to work for almost a year during that time the company could not wait for me to heal , needed the visa space so had to abscond me but would clear it once I was okay - which that have done.

I have no bad debt and even now while out I pay my 1 remaining credit card monthly. Having said that I see it will indeed take a lawyer or PRO to get this done.

To be blunt, I think your company did the wrong thing.  If they needed the visa space, they should have just cancelled the visa.  Putting abscond on someone automatically makes them illegal in the country and subject to arrest, deportation and ban.  If they had cancelled the visa and you were illegal after that, it would still have been a LOT less of an issue - could have been remedied with exceptional extension from immigration and / or fines.

That is the reason you are facing a problem now.  In the eyes of immigration, you have reached an agreement with your company (they probably think you paid them to lift the report) but are someone who is not worthy of trust.

The thing is they did cancel the visa - I have the cancellation document but they said I would need to come with the new visa for tecom to take them off their system completely but I was bed ridden so .........

I have not paid them a single dirham - to be totally honest - he is my friend of 12 years and even he admitted that how they did it was wrong seeing the repercussions now. Anyway thank you for your input - I have a small team depending on me so its imperative I at least try my level best to rectify this.

Have a great day.

Stay blessed.