New to milan, English speaking friends?

Hello!
I just moved to milan as an au pair for the summer! I do not speak any italian but I did study spanish in middle school and high school so I can understand a few words of italian but not much.
I have mornings free a day a week off work and want to see the city but I do not want to go walking around Milan alone. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was in the same situation who would like to go get coffee or tea or go see the Durmo/ sightsee around milan with me? I would like to find other American people or other english speaking people in milan..
Ciao!

Hi malcolmcomet!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

sorry to inform u that these nice sexy ppl are totally ignorant with english..i used to suffer there alot while dealing with ppl in italia...even i am trying nowadays to start some italian courses to be ready for moving there...i think that if u will be staying there for a long time u should try to learn too...even if for the usual words which ppl use daily

ciao! when are you going to be there?  I'm moving there beginning of August.  I don't really know Milan that well n it'd be good to meet some new people.

Hi, i'm Italian and i live in milano. I know very well the city, if you want you can contact me for everything or to have information.

i hope to speak with you
Davide

Hi, i just move too, i don't know now one here and i'd like meet new people :-) better if they are english speakers...but it doesn't matter i speak also spanish, if you are interested, please write me back .... ciao...

malcolmcomet wrote:

Hello!
I just moved to milan as an au pair for the summer! I do not speak any italian but I did study spanish in middle school and high school so I can understand a few words of italian but not much.
I have mornings free a day a week off work and want to see the city but I do not want to go walking around Milan alone. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was in the same situation who would like to go get coffee or tea or go see the Durmo/ sightsee around milan with me? I would like to find other American people or other english speaking people in milan..
Ciao!

hey

Im also moving to Milan as an au pair, but next month.
I was looking to see if there was any other au pairs in Milan.
How are you finding it?
I also studied spanish too at school, so i think i will be in the same situation as youu..

hope to hear from you soon

nicki x

Hello Nicki !

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi
My name is Alfredo, I was born and raised in San Francisco. My dad resides in Milan. I know this city quite well, if You need any help with anything : tips, advises, info, etc. Don't hesitate to ask, here is my e-mail address  [email protected]   Take care, ciao.

Hi filadelfo!

Welcome to the forum!

Armand

Hi,
i'am william,
are you still interested to know new people?... please write to me e-mail [email protected]
we could have a coffee break or walk around milan or maybe have a apperitivo, Milan it is an amazing city but it could be better if we meet people, please write if you are still here....

Hi! i'm giulia, i'm italian, from milan!
nice to meet you!
i'm just back from the UK where i have been living for 1 year.
i would like to have friends from different countries also now that i'm back to milan. if youhave any doubts or question feel free to ask me. i know what it means to move to an other country and i know that it is important to have friends and to learn the culture of the place.
if you like to have a walk/tour in milan let me know.
by the way Welcome to milan!!! you will like it!

nicki278 wrote:

hey

Im also moving to Milan as an au pair, but next month.
I was looking to see if there was any other au pairs in Milan.
How are you finding it?
I also studied spanish too at school, so i think i will be in the same situation as youu..

hope to hear from you soon

nicki x

hi nicki,
i just wanna ask how did you manage to apply as an au pair? i like to work as an au pair...

if you know some family who are looking for some au pair..can u recommend me? anyway i graduated as a nurse but i wasnt able to used it.. i am a filipina and currently working here in singapore...

hope to know you more:)

Hi, I've been staying in Milan for 6 months! i speak a little Italian too :)
You can ask me anything, i will help you as much as I could and I really hope I could make lots of friends in Milan!

Hey, I am currently live in Belfast and moving to Milan in a month or maybe a bit more. If you to get in touch do not hesitate to email me.

I am currently working in Belfast and have a workmate having a friend working in Milan as an au-pair. Do you know Cara? ahhaha
It would be an amazing coincidence.

Anyway let me know ...

Cheers !!!

Ciao!

I have literally just arrived in Milan from Scotland. I have a job here for a year but as it came out of the blue I didn't have a chance to learn the language. If anyone is organising any expat nights out give me a shout! I know there is a bar down my street that has karaoke once of twice a week and is a mix of Italians and expats - I am not a singer though.

Cheers,

Danny

Hey Scottish man ;-)

I will be making a decision in regard of my moving to Milan on Tuedsady. In fact, I am currently considering to job opportunities one in German and one in Italy.

The job in Germany is more rewarding as for concern the money but the job in Milan it will be by far more stimulating. Dunno what to do yet ... the decision time is getting bloody close !!!!

If I move to Milan it is my firm intention hanging out with English speaking people ... I can't cut all ties with my life in UK by speakin' Italian most of the day, even though my job is gonna bring abroad for three months a year ...

Having English speaking friend is like a way enabling me not to cut all ties with my life here.

Anyway, if I decide to move to Milan I will have to find a place to live and would be amazing to share a flat with an English speaking person ;-). I would be in Milan by the first half of September and if you need a moral or practical support relating to your moving to Milan do not hesitate to contact me by adding me to msn: [email protected]

ps: no idea about the karaoke night you are talking about because I don't know the area you live in. Oh my god, I ma being too wordy as usual...

Cheers m8!!

Hello i know this was kind of a while ago but i just moved to milan too! I am american and know basic english. I live here with my boyfriend who is italian but it would be really nice to have an english speaking person around. I live in desio, do you know it?

Hey Enzo, Fabio, and Crparri,

Does this forum ever have any meet-ups - even just for coffees etc on a lazy weekend afternoon?

Im new to this forum and I was wondering the same thing. But I found this group called Americanites.com and it basically plans events and night outs with international people. The events have stopped in august but I would suggest you join the group on facebook because some people try to organize meet ups!

this should happen asap !....i ll be to milano isa within few weeks and wanna enjoy my days there and still my italiano is poor...we must organize some events to have fun all together ....( english speaking gals ! )...i gonna search 4 this group craprri2 on fb

Thanks for the link to Americanites.com. I think its my flatmates friend who organises the events so I most definitely will be attending. Hopefully see some of you there!

Hi everyone!

I've just graduated and decided to move to Milan to be an au pair for a year. I'll be moving over at the start of October. As I won't be studying at university I was really hoping that I could meet some people throught this forum? I'd also really appreciate any tips about language classes as my Italian is very basic at the moment?

Hope you can help

Ciao
Rachel

(Ps. My email is [email protected] feel free to contact me, thanks )

Hey everyone!
I'm Chiara and I'm Italian!
I work in Milan, but live on lake Como...

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Hi!
I have just arrived in Monza, outside Milan and am also au pairing and would love to explore the city at the weekend if you are still here!!

Hello  everybody.
Welcome to Milan.
Saluti.

Hi Everybody!
I'm Italian, from near Milan, and I will glad to help you with Italian and have some chat!
I think that living in a new country it's not easy, so if you have any questions feel free to aks me!

Hey guys,

Just moved to Milan 3weeks ago. Its gorgeous- but craving to talk to people in english. My italian is not bad but dont hold me to that! haha!
if you guys end up organising a catch up-- let me know!

Hey!
well, Im def not new to Milano but I can certainly remember when I was and I could use a few new english speaking friends! My main goal is to link up with other American musicians here in Milano but just meeting new people is always fun to!

hi guys
is there any upcoming meetings ?
i just arrived and i would to have friends around
Mido

Hi, are there any other English speaking cinemas other than Arcabalenco that show a wider range of movies in their original language?

ta

Hey, I'm heading over to Italy on 27th of this month. I'm going to be Au Pairing in a small town about 20mins bus journey from the centre of Milan. Where are you staying? I'd be willing to meet up for a coffee or something when i get there if you fancy it? I speak no Italian either so want to meet up with other english-speaking people :)
Let me know,
Carys

Hello friends, IM in Milan from the last few months. I know very little italian but i speak english, i hardly get to speak with anyone in english. I at home now no work. so can meet up anytime.just leave me a msg. [email protected]. hope to see u soon.

Hello, im an au pair too in a similar situation to you! ive been in sardinia for the last month though and go back to milan in septemebr if you want to meet?

Hey all,

i'm flying out to Milan in the middle of september with work for 4 months, would love to meet with some english speaking people to go out some nights! looking to study and learn some basic italian before i go too :)

Drop me a mail on here if you're about september onwards :)

Hey! :) I'm moving to Milan at the end of August and don't know anyone so am also hoping to meet up with some expats, go out have fun and learn Italian! If you are still in Milan send me an email on here! Or you can find me on Facebook Tessa Drysdale.
Cheers,
Tessa

Sounds like we need to organise an aperitivo in September!

Ciao, I'm italian and i moved to Milan few months ago from another italian city. Here it's not so easy meet new friends expecially if you live alone and all your collegues live outside Milan.
So I'd like to meet new friends and I hope that this forum can help me.

malcolmcomet wrote:

Hello!
Ciao!

hey! i am an au pair too and I just moved here in september! I have mornings until 2 free and nights/ weekends. email me if you want to meet up and get some coffee or drinks or an aperitive. i'm down

[email protected]

hey I'm new to this, if you wanna hang out (as a friend) get to know milan we can do this, I'm Jason btw... and I like music, sports (american football in particular), animals..(I have a dog)..dont like fooling around, wasting my time..I gotta have a reason to do something if not.. its just a waste...I can do crazy things aswell but.. not something disrespectful to my self, and the others.
do you want to get to know something and someone new? go for it. and be yourself, that's an easier way to make things work :)

jason.pr3[at]hotmail.com

PS: I can speak italian :)