Requirements for an individual Expatriate Quota Approval Paper

I have been offered work on an offshore drilling rig in Nigeria.  Employer has stated they will apply for my Expatriate Quota Approval Paper.  In order to do so I must provide:
1)  Proof of acceptance of employment.  I have done this by signing and returning to them the "Employment Letter".
2)  Copy of the photo page of my passport.
3)  Expatriate Medical Insurance Policy coverage certificate (EMIP) which is only obtainable from Insurance companies in Nigeria.  Employer is stating I have to pay for this, they will not pay which makes it sound like a scam to me.

Is the EMIP coverage certificate required for ex-pats to get the Expatriate Quota Approval Paper?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Dont make any payment, In Nigeria employer want a person they will do all the requirements.

Its very clear to collect the money.

Regards

I think you misunderstood my question.  The employer is not asking/requiring the money but are saying I have to get the medical insurance and it can only be sourced from a Nigerian company.  I as asking if that is true?

My friend am working for the last 8 years in west African countries, Like Nigeria for 4 years in 3 companies , Ghana for 3 years and Senegal in One year .. No one asked to apply for medical insurance for in myself,

Company use to do that at the time of Joining formalities, they will ask to submit for your photo and signature to submit the medical insurance policy.

This was happened  in our previous companies for my joining time..

if you want to have a insurance medical policy add my contact and chat with me on personal message..
I will guide in ... I cant able give the insurance company contact nos here in open form,

Regards

I am a U.S. citizen and perhaps the requirements for me are different than they are for you as a Indian ex-Pat.

Was this a scam or not as I got the similar offer?

It's a scam

It was a SCAM.

Your employer is supposed to pay for your health insurance. That is common sense.

I have been offered work on an offshore drilling rig in Nigeria.  Employer has stated they will apply for my Expatriate Quota Approval Paper.  In order to do so I must provide:Expatriate Medical insurance policy certificate (EMIP) (This is only obtainable from Insurance companies in Nigeria

generally the offer very good, My question are you sure this is  SCAM or not ?

Appreciate your answers are very important and critical for me

Once they ask you for money it's a SCAM. No company in Nigeria will ask you for money please be careful of scammers. If you need advice or you want to know anything about Nigeria my inbox is open