Get to know Sfax

Hello everyone, I've been living in Sfax for 6 weeks now, I will be living here for three years. Most of the time I am working or at home. I am in the Locomotive industry, at the moment I am busy with work and have little time to check the city.
My french is limited but improving everyday.
I would like to know if there is a place to sit on the weekend and have a drink (beer) and meet new people both men and women. So far all I see is coffee shops but I have not been going out at night.
And can someone tell me hoe the taxi service works here? I have asked a couple of taxis to take me to certain places and they speak to me in Arabic and leave or walk away.

taxis in Sfax, and in all Tunisia for that matter, are rude and under educated. so please handle with extra care. they don't care about customer experience as they fear no competition from anything.
English!!! no way. even french is useless as Sfax is not very open to tourists.
However sometimes you can come across some friendly faces.
My honest advise, get your own rented car, even though driving in Sfax is a whole nightmare in itself all together.
Sorry my friend to put you off, but this is a honest description of your new home :)

Thank you for your honesty and being straight forward, I like that.