Dependent Visa procedure for wife and child. Husband has work permit

Hello,

My husband will be shifting to Mauritius for job. He has received his work permit and residence permit. His salary is approximately 45,000 MUR. I wanted to know if he can apply for dependent Visa for my child and me. Will there be any difficulty in getting the dependent Visa for both of us considering that my husband had received work permit and not occupation permit. Also please let me know the procedure to get dependent Visa.

Thanks in advance

yes he can apply for it as long as the child is under 18.
If you need an apartment for rent just let me know.
My apartment is in Pereybere.

Hi,

There are no dependent visas under the Work Permit scheme. Only applicable for Occupation permits.

Thanks for the revert. So me and my child cannot stay in Mauritius with my husband if he is having work permit? How can he apply for Visa for us?

A visitor visa is the only way. Maximum length of stay on one entry is 3 months and can be renewed for another max. 3 months, making it a total of 180 days max. in a calendar year.
However, such max. number of days are not always allocated.

Actually, it depends what type of work permit your husband was granted. Was he granted a work permit as a skilled worker? If so, then you cannot seek to apply for a residence permit as his spouse/child. If he has been employed as a professional under the work permit, then an application may be made to the Residence Permit Section of the PMO but the approval of the residence permit will be at their discretion and cannot be guaranteed.

I refer you to this link (http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … -Visa.aspx) and this extract in particular (see point (iv))
    ​    ​    ​    ​    ​
Conditions attached to the residence permit for expatriate employees   
​(i)    ​A residence permit is issued to the corresponding period of the Work Permit    ​
​(ii)    ​If no Work Permit is issued, applicant, if already in Mauritius, should leave the country    ​
​(iii)    ​The necessary deposits are made, where applicable.    ​
(iv)    ​The dependents of the expatriates, except for those employed as skilled worker, may be allowed to stay in Mauritius on the strength of the residence and work permits provided documentary evidence of family relationship is produced and verified.

To apply for residence permit, you need to :

(a)  Fill in the Application to Enter in Mauritius
(b)  2 photos of each dependent
(c)   Marriage & birth certificates
(d)  Covering letter from the employer to submit the application or letter from the work permit holder.

Depending on his category of his 'employment' (if not classified as Skilled worker) you could be eligible for residence permits as dependents.