Why did you choose to relocate to Morocco?

Making the choice to leave your old life behind and relocate to a new country is a big decision with lots of potential risks and benefits.  It takes a lot of guts to make that huge change. 

Curious to hear from any expats why they specifically choose to relocate to Morocco?

What they like most about Morocco and what they miss most about where they came from?

I wish to move to Morocco but not sure

What is making you consider Morocco and what is holding you back?

In my opinion I think a lot of people see Morocco as this fantasy land where famous writers and  bohemian expats go to live artsy lifestyles.  I think it is possible... but at what cost.

There are always trade offs.

Destiny is destiny. I moved here due to my other half being a Moroccan. It was not my dream or my favorite place. It was destiny and I did accept it. Its a beautiful place but not my cup of tea especially when you compare the culture here and the one I left. Its a place of high contradictions and hypocrisy. Nothing is as it seems and looks like ppl here love to complicate simple things as much as possible. Food is great. Landscape and weather is amazing. I enjoy the food very much and the landscapes. With time I hope I can learn the language so I can know more abt the culture and its ppl

Interesting.  I think through seeing the contradictions in my husband's culture it helped me also acknowledged the contractions in my own.  It also reminded me of the things I have that I take for granted.

For me it's the med climate (I hate the cold and get depressed in the grey English winters), the cheaper lifestyle in most respects compared to the UK, the opportunity to live on our own land, build our own house and create a beautiful permaculture garden which we wouldn't be able to afford in the UK. Living nearer to the coast - I come from a landlocked place in the UK so being near the sea makes me happy and I prefer the Atlantic to the Med, As someone who loves gardening, having a longer growing season and a chance to grow things like citrus and bananas etc which I can't grow in the UK is amazing.
I think it's healthy to be realistic and not expect to love everything about a new country and to be honest with your own feelings about things. I've lived abroad before and I sometimes missed the ease at expressing subtleties in language and being understood more fully - when struggling with the language barrier things get dumbed down and oversimplified. I suppose that gradually gets easier the more you learn the language of the adopted country.

I can see the draw to Morocco in that respect.
As I was thinking of buying land for that purpose.
But I also know I could not give up the perks of city living to be surrounded by nature.

Our land is near the local town so best of both worlds really. I also have a studio space in Rabat. I guess it's about designing the lifestyle you really want.