Need advice on writing a perfect resume!

Hello! I want to make a new step in my career and I need to update my CV. Please, advise me some valuable resources that will help me to create a perfect resume. Please, send only those you used by yourself or know for sure they are useful.

All that stuff is available on the internet free of charge

Don't lie

This is not helpful. Please, don't answer if you have nothing to write.

MarkTaylorCA wrote:

This is not helpful. Please, don't answer if you have nothing to write.

I am sorry, but I think my comment is helpful, don't lie or cheat on a CV.

And Fred's comment is also useful, you can find all the information Free on the internet. I am surprised that you didn't ask anyone to even write it for you.

A simple search on Google will give you plenty of advice.

How can you accuse someone of lying ...? How can I lie asking a question? You are very strange...  There are thousands of links and resources but they are mainly primitive and not useful. I asked someone to share VALUABLE and TRUSTED resources.
This is my first experience of using some forum and I would say it is more negative because of your rude answers.

Wish you all the best in your career growth! I have several pieces of advice: don't make your resume as a long list of job responsibilities as HR will look for the quality of professional experience, like the skills you have and the impact you have made on your organization. You need to show growth and accomplishments like: "How much you reduced expenses", "How many people were on the team you managed?", "How much you increased sales?" etc. And of course, be brief and concise. Once I made some small investigation and found free resources that helped me to create a perfect resume. I chose tips and templates proposed for MBA owners as they usually provide very useful information. Here are they:
-    nice free templates, you just need to register here Resume templates
-    MBA owners tips
-    and you can find many useful articles on how to write resume in blog section here

Thanks Vera! Nice tips!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

My advice. 

In general - don't overcook your CV; if your applying for a job as a barman, then don't tell them about your master's degree, it really doesn't matter - you should always tailor your CV for the role you're applying for.  I have a former colleague who somehow managed to amass 3 degrees by the age of 30, which lead to difficulties when he was trying to emphasise experience because the CV told a different story.

Specifically - I'm not being rude, but if your photo is indicative of your age, then don't go over the top with qualifications; that said, if you're a doctor apply for a medical practitioners role, then details of your degree and University are definitely relevant.  Any high-school level education is routinely ignored if it's more than 5 years old (mainly because it's regarded as being out of date); a comment saying "completed High_School education and the year" is sufficient.  If the role says it needs a specific qualification - then state details of where or how you comply with that requirement.  If you're applying for a regulated role, make sure your qualification is accepted in the area where you are applying.

Emphasise experience; roles where you have succeeded; where you have lead other employees; events where you have performed in excess of more than just doing your daily job, so significant savings, revenue increases.

Details of languages spoken can be useful; especially if your CV is in English and you are applying for work in non-English speaking roles.

If the role involves travel and you can't drive, then consider whether that role is really for you.  If you have a conviction for any motoring offences, many company fleet policies won't insure you.

If you are applying for a managers role, many countries want to see management qualifications (like MBA).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team