Travelling to Phu Quoc

Hello,

My friend (a turkish citizen) and I (a romanian) would like to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc and then return to Ho Chi Minh City. We both have a one enty Vietnam visa.

Does anybody know if this type of visa is ok or do we need a multi-entries visa? I read that this island had a different  visa policy, but I was not able to  find enough details to get an answer to my question :)

Thanks.

greeneta wrote:

Hello,

My friend (a turkish citizen) and I (a romanian) would like to travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phu Quoc and then return to Ho Chi Minh City. We both have a one enty Vietnam visa.

Does anybody know if this type of visa is ok or do we need a multi-entries visa? I read that this island had a different  visa policy, but I was not able to  find enough details to get an answer to my question :)

Thanks.

IF you "have" visas, you either obtained them 1. through an Embassy/Consulate or 2. as a Visa on Arrival approval letter from an agent.

I would ask the agent or the embassy/consulate.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We both have one entry visas.

No problem for Phu Quoc if you don't enter Cambodia . Options are by plane or ferry from Ha Tien or Rach Gia.
Eddy

Sorry if this is hijacking this thread, but I think my question applies to the topic. Would a trip to Phu Quoc count as a 90 day border run ? New stamp at SGN on return? I would guess no, as one isn't really leaving Vietnam.  Have 1year multi entry biz visa.

TubbsFugee wrote:

Sorry if this is hijacking this thread, but I think my question applies to the topic. Would a trip to Phu Quoc count as a 90 day border run ? New stamp at SGN on return? I would guess no, as one isn't really leaving Vietnam.  Have 1year multi entry biz visa.

Phu Quoc belongs to Vietnam.
What do you think?

I answered my own question I suppose. But the OP suggested he may get a new stamp on return to Tan Son Nhat... Was just a quick clarification

Hi,

Thank you so much for clarifying this :)

Thanks Sobie :)

It may seem a bit confusing because of this:

"Phu Quoc was designated a special economic zone and international visitors can get a 30-day visa exemption. It applies to foreigners who enter, exit and transit by air (you must show proof of a round-trip ticket to/from Phu Quoc) or those who arrive by cruise ship. If you want to go elsewhere in Vietnam after Phu Quoc, you need a Vietnam visa."

from: https://www.travelfish.org/location/vie … uoc_island

So, if you're already in VN, you can just travel there normally the same as any other place in the country.