Visa Process - FMV from India

Hello Everyone,

I am Rish currently residing in India and need your help with below queries :)

1. I am an Indian and my fiance is a German Citizen, and we are planning to get married in Denmark.
2. We will be living in her own home however home is in registered in Name of her parents, is there any problem or we have to make a Rent agreement.
3. We will be marrying in Denmark to avoid the time and paperwork involved in Germany and our parents will also be involved here so I hope there is no problem.:)
4. What is the verification process, will the authorities will go to my Home(India) or in Germany (Her home) for verification ?

Thanks a lot for your kind help here.

Regards, Rish

rishee13 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am Rish currently residing in India and need your help with below queries :)

1. I am an Indian and my fiance is a German Citizen, and we are planning to get married in Denmark.
2. We will be living in her own home however home is in registered in Name of her parents, is there any problem or we have to make a Rent agreement.
3. We will be marrying in Denmark to avoid the time and paperwork involved in Germany and our parents will also be involved here so I hope there is no problem.:)
4. What is the verification process, will the authorities will go to my Home(India) or in Germany (Her home) for verification ?

Thanks a lot for your kind help here.

Regards, Rish

If you have a home to live in then it is no problem if it is owned or registered to her parents. It's highly unlikely any German authorities are going to visit your home in India to investigate but it could happen in Germany before or even after the wedding. The question is if you plan to go from Denmark to Germany or first back to India? You will need a family reunion visa to join her so where will you be applying for it? Also, besides other requirements you can find on the German immigration website, you will have to pass an A1 level German language exam and have combined income enough to support both of you.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your revert.
Please see below answers:

1. We will marry in Denmark and I will come back to my home country and apply for FRV.
2. Yes, I read that A1 certificate is needed however it's also mentioned that it can be exempt if your partner is an EU citizen.. here in my case she is a German citizen so I guess there will be no problem.
3. So what you say about varification process in this scenario.. will it be remain same as you advised below ?

Thanks again !

Regards, Rish

rishee13 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your revert.
Please see below answers:

1. We will marry in Denmark and I will come back to my home country and apply for FRV.
2. Yes, I read that A1 certificate is needed however it's also mentioned that it can be exempt if your partner is an EU citizen.. here in my case she is a German citizen so I guess there will be no problem.
3. So what you say about varification process in this scenario.. will it be remain same as you advised below ?

Thanks again !

Regards, Rish

Not sure where you heard about the exemption for the language requirements because this is incorrect. Say a foreigner gets a blue card visa and wants to bring their partner along, this is possible without passing a language test. But having a German spouse requires rather than exempts you from passing the A1 level German test! I am once again posting a link to the English version of the German immigration authority website that shows the requirements.

And if you are applying for the visa in India then they might request that your parents come in for an interview but it is not likely they have the resources or desire to go asking questions to your neighbors for example.

http://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/E … hland.html

Hi

Thanks for your reply, however German Mission website in India says a different story.
Please see below links.... :(https://india.diplo.de/blob/2119092/1c1 … e-data.pdfhttps://india.diplo.de/blob/1816236/7cf … e-data.pdf

Can you please let me know what is correct ?

Regards, Rish