Housing Rental at Ekkamai & ThongLor

Hi

I'm a single lady moving to Bangkok in March, as my office is in Thonglor, I plan to rent a 2 bedder condo with size 50-70sqm (so my family can visit)  for 1 year around Ekkamai area near Japanese district.

Right now I'm exploring 2 bedroom condo within 300m from Ekkamai BTS, from projects like Rhythm 42, The Lofts Ekkamai, Siri @ Sukhumvit.

But the prices on website like Hipflat are listing 50k-70k THB for 2 bedrooms size 50-70sqm. It seem insanely high at one glance, is that really the price expat are paying, or is there a more reliable source to check the leasing price?

Appreciate any insights around the rental price, thank you.

Try HiTec Tower - does not look brilliant but centrally located. My son was living there, had a 2 bed apartment with lounge/diner, roof top pool, gym, the rent was really reasonable. Not far from bus, market, BTS etc, I visited last summer, felt really safe, the building is secure, with a chap on the door.

If you are looking for "Posh" you will pay the price, as most Thais eat out at night a lot do not have a kitchen as such.

I love the area, the locals, you will have a fab time.  My son has now returned the job market out there is not at all stable and if you leave before time you end up losing your deposit.

Why not expand your search area. BTS is a good way to travel and a few stops will not add much to your day.